Urgent! Send your comments in to the Price BLM Office Now!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Price trails are in trouble! We need to make some noise!
Please help us by sending a quick comment to the Price Field Office and Utah State Office. It's quick and easy, make your voice heard!

The Price Field office apparently "lost" many trail submissions and failed to get other GPS'd trails included into the final draft of the Carbon / Emery RMP. This means that those trails are going to be CLOSED.

We need you help!

CLICK THIS LINK TO SEND COMMENTS!
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/feedback.3.html

Select: Utah; Price Field office.
Then resend your Comments to: Select: Utah; Utah State office.

Also, if you can please call them at: 435-636-3600

More information can be found here: http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=58745

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sample comments to help you:

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area. It has recently come to my knowledge that the trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted. I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.

I grew up in Price and still have family there. My family, friends and I have always made responsible use of the BLM public lands for many years and we have always made it a priority to respect and clean up the areas that we recreate on as well as educate those who may not know better. I cannot believe that after all these years we are going to loose our access to many of the existing trails. If more people in our community were more informed, this would not be happening. No more sweeping the issues under the rug.

Please reconsider.

Regards,

#######

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area. It has recently come to my knowledge that the rockcrawling trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted. I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.

I have visited Price many times and have a trip planned for January. I look forward to visiting many more times, but without the inventoried rockcrawling trails available I will go elsewhere. I love these trails and ask you to remedy this by allowing the resubmission of "missing" trails and an addition of them to the RMP. My family, friends and I have always made responsible use of the BLM public lands for many years and we have always made it a priority to respect and clean up the areas that we recreate on as well as educate those who may not know better. I cannot believe that after all these years we are going to loose our access to many of the existing trails. I love the outdoors and ask you to allow some sort of consession for resubmission and addition of these trails to the RMP. Castle Country King Crawlers have the information needed to make this happen, and I hope you will allow them to incorperate these inventoried trails into the RMP.

Please reconsider.

Regards,

Scott

Address Info

Snake River Offroaders
Idaho State 4X4 Association

Like others I too am concerned about the RMP for the Price area. I realize that you juggle the needs of various land users, but it is frustrating to find out that final decisions are being made after documents that were submitted to the BLM went missing and were not given a proper, or any review. I am sure you are aware that many of these trails are well established, that off-road groups often take the time to make sure they are maintained and cleaned. They are used by families including my own, and now it sounds like many of those trails could be simply shut down because of internal errors within the BLM. I would hope that these mistakes can be taken into consideration.

Seth

These go to 11
To whom it may concern,

My name is Seth Bowers. I am the editor for The Compass, the official newsletter for the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association (U4WDA). I am also a avid outdoorsman and use motorized transportation to get to may sites since my diagnosis with MS. I have worked with U4WDA on all of the Resource Management Plans put forth by the BLM in Utah. We have analyzed and commented on areas of concern and focused on the recommended alternative in each case. U4WDA is interested in keeping legitimate routes open and curtailing the misuse and abuse of OHV use on illegal routs and off trail.

With regard to the Price RMP I am very concerned that the Voice of U4WDA and its members has been ignored. Our member clubs spent countless hours indexing and cataloging existing "rockcrawling" trails in the price area. However I have learned that this information was "lost" or has gone "missing" and has resulted in the omission of all of these trails from the RMP documentation. This is unacceptable to me and all of the others that use these trails and have gone to great length to protect and maintain them.

I would respectfully ask that these indexed trails and comments be returned to the RMP and the comments of U4WDA's many members be accepted and considered in any final decisions.

Seth Bowers

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
To whom it may concern,

My name is Jason Goates, a member of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association, and President of a Utah 4x4 club - MountianYoats4x4. I have been camping, exploring, and enjoying Utah's public lands for years. I am 24 years old, and plan to continue my lifestyle of adventuring into the backroads of Utah for decades to come. I have taken part in RMP's all over the state, voicing my opinions, and comments to aide in planning for the new travel plans. I have taken part in countless service projects/events hosted by U4WDA and local 4x4 clubs, that include the Price area and the trails that it has to offer.

I've recently learned that alot of hard work on the part of local Price clubs has gone 'missing' after being recieved by your office roughly one year ago; and due to its 'misplacement' will not be included on future maps. This as absolutely unacceptable, and must be addressed futher. The Price Field office needs to accept their mistake, be held accountable, and make it right. If you proceed with deaf ears on this matter, it will not do anyone any favors. I urge you to recount your steps, and figure out an acceptable solution with the local 4x4 clubs that have done the leg work on your behalf.

I will be following this issue closely, and will continue to support that a solution pleasing to the local Price 4x4 clubs, U4WDA, and USA-ALL, is met. Email me directly if there is anything that I can help you with.

Jason Goates

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I let my feelings show a bit but...

To whom it may concern,

It has recently come to my attention that there are some errors in the trail inventory of the new RMP. Local land users volunteered time and resources to inventory many existing Price area trails and submitted them to the Price Field Office during the RMP draft period. Apparently, this data was lost and not included in the final RMP. In effect, these well established trails will now become illegal routes through no fault of the public. Some of these local land users have reported repeated efforts to address their concerns with your office, but their requests seem to have fallen on deaf ears. This is completely unacceptable and intolerable. The OHV community should not, and will not stand for this.

I am an avid OHV user and am weary of the repeated, unwarranted closures of so many of our pristine recreation areas. My family and I enjoy responsible land use and are firm believers that public lands need to stay accessible to the public. Whether the trail inventory information was misplaced, or purposefully disposed of is not important to me. What is important is that the BLM field office made a mistake and needs to correct that mistake. I anticipate than unless a favorable resolution is quickly reached, legal actions will be taken to correct the situation. There are many organizations with the resources to accomplish this, and they have my full support if a resolution is not quickly reached.

Thank you for the many good things your office does in the area. I hope this problem can soon be put behind us.

Jared McKeeth