Mineral Basin on SAT!

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
I talked to a ranger up AF the other day, and he said definatley no fires. So i asked him when do you think they will lift the ban, an he said typically there has to be about 3 weeks of wet weather. :eek:

Cory

On the news last night (I think channel 5) it said that the fire bans would be lifted this week in most places except for the north west corner of the state. I thought it sounded weird since there are ususally fire bans during the Elk Hunt in early October. But they had a map and interviewed some state official.

Caleb

open fires are banned but fires in existing pits are allowed...atleast they were two weeks ago when I was up there (but I camped in Granite Flats camp ground)...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by supergper
open fires are banned but fires in existing pits are allowed...atleast they were two weeks ago when I was up there (but I camped in Granite Flats camp ground)...

When Caleb says pits... he means improved, surrounded by cement in the improved campgounds... not any fire ring that you see. As of Monday, fires were not allowed up AF and I doubt that will change til October...

Caleb

Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

When Caleb says pits... he means improved, surrounded by cement in the improved campgounds... not any fire ring that you see. As of Monday, fires were not allowed up AF and I doubt that will change til October...

yeah, thanks for the clarification...