helmet for UROC

Ryan

Okay, so what kind of helmet is everybody using, where are you getting them, and for how much?

Helmets
Helmets with chin straps are required for drivers and spotters that ride. Helmets must be approved for motor vehicle use. All stickers and tags must be attached. Bicycle and water sport helmets are NOT approved.

I've seen DOT approved openface motorcycle helmets on ebay for around $50, but I'd like to buy one somewhere local where I can at least try it on first.

Any leads?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I got mine from the motorcylce place next to Harbor Freight (about 35th south and State). It is a black open face motorcycle helmet, and it was about 50 bucks. I'm prolly gonna go to the DI to pick up a helmet for my spotter. :D

Caleb

I have a new open face motor cycle helmet with the DOT stick on it still that I will sale for $40 if either of you guys are interested...here is what it looks like but it doesn't have the sun visor....

edit: its made by M2R and their website is www.m2rhelmets.com its the model 225

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by RockMonkey
I got mine from the motorcylce place next to Harbor Freight (about 35th south and State). It is a black open face motorcycle helmet, and it was about 50 bucks. I'm prolly gonna go to the DI to pick up a helmet for my spotter. :D

Wrights Motorcycle

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by supergper
I have a new open face motor cycle helmet with the DOT stick on it still that I will sale for $40 if either of you guys are interested...here is what it looks like but it doesn't have the sun visor....

edit: its made by M2R and their website is www.m2rhelmets.com its the model 225
Man, if it only was one that didn't cover the ears I would be all over it. Any chance of cutting that bottom part off?:D

Ryan

Cool. I'll swing by Wrights today and see what's up. Supergper, I'm not sure what size I need. What size is yours? I might just buy one today if I can find one I like. If not I'll see if yours will work.

Caleb

mines a medium...If you think it will work for you and you want it I can bring it to Cedar and meet you at the drivers meeting...if not thats fine, I will use it when my Jeep get done...

Ryan

I picked one up at Wrights yesterday(XL, yours wouldn't have fit anyway supergper, thanks though). Vega 3/4 for $80. They had some 1/2's for $50 and $60, and a cheaper 3/4 for $50. I tried on a few 1/2's, and just couldn't trust my head to one. I could just about pull the thing off my head with the chin strap done up, LOTS of movement regardless of size. Just not enough helmet to hold the thing still. Besides, last time I rolled I ended up with staples in my head on the left side just above my ear, and I'm not sure the 1/2 would have prevented it had I been wearing one. Kinda hard to hear real well with the 3/4, but oh well. I guess I need a helmet mic and earphones now:D