bent trailer axles

My buddy has a car trailer he bout from texas trailers. It is rated for 8000lbs has twin axle setup, yet he seems to be bending his rear axle on it. Could this be that when he loads his bronco that it is too much weight for the rear one? should he try usin some stand offs to keep the trailer sturdy when loading it? Cause it alos cuts his electric brake wires too. Just weird that it's rated for the weight and havin thses problems. thanks

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Most trailer axles have a bend in them from the factory. It's so the tires ride flat when there is weight on the trailer. Are you sure he's not just noticing the factory bend? It's generally a bend up right in the middle of the axle.

Chevycrew

When I built my trailer, I put receivers on the rear corners, then made drop legs out the of steel used for road sign posts.

Its easy, adjustable, and saves the wear and tear on my trailer.

TimB

Homesick
If the frame is hitting the tube when you go through a dip - the tube will bend. I've bent a few - did SOA and now the tubes don't bend - but the freakin' trailer sets too high. Thinking about tor-flex axles to set it back down. I have another trailer that is all aluminum on tor-flex axles and it rides really smooth.