Archived Moab EJS

LT.

I really did not know where else to write this up so I hope that this is okay with y'all.

EJS was a BLAST! I really did not expect so many really cool people to hang out with us. No sooner than we had gotten to the Pack Creek Campground Bart came up to me and introduced himself to me. I had already spotted his buggy under a tarp and had mentioned to my wife that there must be a serious vehicle under that tarp. First things I noticed were the Spyder lock bead locked wheels and the 39 inch Krawlers. When I got a good look at it I could not have been more floored by it. Everything was just perfect!;) Bart then also got the job of being trail boss for Metal Masher for our group. I am guessing he got the short straw.:rofl: On this trail I also got to be more aquainted with some new friends. JJ and Rodney who both have participated in Top Truck Challange and Carl and Kevin. All from California who all drove 20 hours straight just to see what Moab was all about. Matt from Crawl magazine also ended up wheeling with us for the day and it was just amazing what he could do with a fairly stock Jeep Cherokee. As he made it up Rock Chucker and made a valiant attempt at the Widow Maker. Very impressive indeed! I also was able to meet up with Shane Herzog. A cool cat and could really drive his buggy and put it in places I would not dare to walk. Rodney also made a very brave attempt at the widow maker hill. The only thing holding him back was a fuel delivery problem that was later solved. Thanks Char!

I did make it to PSH for the clean up and was met by two of the nicest folks around. Sarah and Dave were already there cleaning up before I was even out of bed. I never did make it there durring the afternoons as I really did not want to be a part of a group that was not respecting the area as much. Too much drinking for my personal tastes.

The whole trip was such a blur that I think we ran Hells Revenge next. This was my first attempt at the Devils Gate and I did make it with some excellent spoting from Sprueitt and Bart. These two gentlemen really know what they are talking about. Anyone would be a fool not to listen to their words of wisdom! The night run was the next night and although I did show up I knew that my lack of lighting was going to hinder my abilities to run the trail. I though that I would only hold the group up so I bowed out of the night run. I did stop by and tried to wish everyone good luck. I did get to meet Rot Box on this day. I also got to meet Meat on the Hells Revenge run. Cool fella and a very cool driving style. He said that he was trying to catch up to our group on the Metal Masher run but was held up.

Fins-n-Things is when we were first able to wheel with Corey from Casper Customs. Other than a fuel delivery problem and a dying battery were the only problems for the HUGE Durango on this run. It was good to get to see this monster up close for the first time. Corey brought along two of his children and his wife also made the long journey from Idaho.

I also was able to talk a little to Chad and Dan. I think Dan is from Idaho. Chad really did not expect to be in Moab but it was great to see him there!

This was flat out the best Easter Jeep Safari I have ever been to. Correction. This has been the best wheeling trip I have ever been on. That does not even do this trip justice. This has been the best vacation I have ever had. So, to all of y'all who have made this trip. THANKS!! I need to thank you all as you have saved my bacon everytime I was behind the wheel. So Thank you, Stan, Shawnette and family, Cheston, Char, Mitch, JJ, Rodney, Carl, Kevin, Corey, Cecillia and family, Matt K, Matt from Crawl, and Bart. If it was not for Stan, Carl, Kevin, JJ, and especially Bart I would have been bringing home the beater a little more abreviated than it already is. Thanks y'all!;)

A very greatfull,
LT.

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
It was good to meet you and everyone else new, and to see all my friends. I have had an absolute blast, I'm having a hard time coming home, I've pushed it back one day already.....

The last 7 days have been have been a blur of fun, wheelin and lack of sleep, I honestly can't remember what day it is most of the time and I'm just fine with that :D

Today was a mere 11.5 hours of Moab Rim and Pritchett....

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
I will have to agree with you all that this year's EJS was an absolute blast! I met so many people I have only talked to here and on Pirate and everyone was like an extended family!
I unfortunately cannot agree that this was my best EJS ever, because yet again this year I was unable to bring my truck with me due to financial strain:mad:... But the company more than made up for the lack of vehicle! Thank you to LT for allowing me to ride with you and making the trail very.....-_-EXCITING!!! Even with the sandblasting we received from the winds on Wednesday (great exfoliation!!!), Hell's Revenge was a great time! I only wish I could have stayed longer!! Thank you to Mr. & Mrs. Sprueitt for once again allowing me to stay with you and for sharing your food!!! Some day I will be able to pay you all back for your kindness!!!
ChestonScout and Casper Customs... I really, REALLY do have a truck... HONEST!!! Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to the day that I can wheel with you all!
Bart... SWEET BUGGY.... and straight up nice guy!!
I know I am forgetting things because as stated by others, the trip was a blur!!
So now that I have shared everything... here are the pictures and links to a couple videos of ChestonScout.... ENJOY!:greg:
DSC02508.jpgDSC02510.jpgDSC02515.jpg

Scout Twisting through boulders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP6xeKl68yc
Scout in the Hot Tub:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkiWn2JDuSY
Hope you like what you see!!! See you all next year!
Matt

Bart

It was great to hang out with you guys and thanks for all the food I mooched from you. You and your families ROCK! The 8 days I spent there are a blur also and it was my best EJS ever. Great wheeling, great friends, great parties and great times.

Coco

That was a fun week!! We are actually still down here. Leaving tomorrow. Ran Moab Rim x2 (friday[offical trail], saturday night) rose garden, (saturday[offical]) and golden spike (yesterday[offical]) Well on rose garden, i got to the actual hill, and noticed my front ARB, the air was just coming right out my axle housing. I got up the hill without it, got back to camp, and realized the brass line in the axle, just came out of the fitting on the axle housing. I got out to golden spike, and right after the crack, i was going down a little ledge, and when i got off of it, i heard a popping noise in my front axle. I couldnt tell what it was. After getting up onto a little flat spot, my dad couldnt tell what it was. (we first were thinking T case) I put it into 2wd, and got to a certain spot, and the front locked. wouldnt move. I put it back into 4 low, and limped off the trail. Hearing pop, pop, pop, pop.:rolleyes: a blue four runner past me, and I recoginzed it from here, couldnt remember what his user name, (I think BLAZE?) but anyway, started onto the highway, and I sounded like a REALLY LOUD locomotive....I couldnt go past 20 mph. My dad got caught back up to us (was helping some deaf ppl off the trail, one was broke) and towed me the rest of the way into town.. Got it torn apart this morning, and I actually blew my front R&P...:rolleyes: About 5 teeth on the ring, are gone....needless to say, the jeep will be getting towed home.....

Bart

Do you guys with the bigger rigs still have fun on the easier Moab trails?

Yes. I had a ball, in fact more fun that at any other EJS. I could crawl stuff people were beating their rigs to get up and I climbed every obstacle I was pointed at. I will only go to Moab a time or 2 a year, but there's enough there to keep it interesting.

utah340six

we meet up with BAMF tom and vicker were great to wheel with.
tom finaly got BAMF up rocker knocker.
sould of been no problem after seeing some of the things it went up.
then we say the crasy canadians.
2 with sami's with the tops cut off and sme pipe added.
gives anew meaning to put the metal down
on driving awhite jeep sould of blwn the axels 10 times in prichet
but the keept going.
hope the had fun
thanks tom and vicky for helping us out

richpblaze

Yep that would have been me.

Quite a few breaks yesterday, I won't mention any names ( my camera was dead unfortunately ) We'll see if they chime in. Had a great few days got there Thursday night late had to set up camp in the rain. Left sunday night about 10:00 pm. Friday ran the Pickle and played around out there, Then went to area BFE for some playing around that night. Sat. ran Greenday hung out at camp in the rain, everyone in our camp left that night. Sun went out to run Rustynail, the Spike and Gold Bar. I had a great trip wasn't like years past waiting at an obstacle for hours we only ran into a couple of traffic jams. I haven't camped for about eight years I have been staying at hotels. Even with all the rain we still had a great time. We were on limited funds so I didn't get into town near as much as I normally would have, I would have liked to have hooked up with some more of the RME crowd.

Last edited: