Tragic Farming Accident

Swoop69

My wife’s nephew Ty passed away last Wednesday in a farming accident. My brother-in-law Richard and his wife Cheryl, live near Delta, Utah. They live in a small, 3 bedroom, 1 bath, farm house and have 7 children. Ty was the 3rd oldest child, and had just turned 18 on July 5th. He would have been a senior this at Delta High School this year. Last Wednesday, Ty and his younger brother Jordan were working on the farm, loading 1 ton hay bails with a fork lift tractor. Ty was riding on the forks of the tractor from the house out to where they stack the bails, as they all have done hundreds of times, when he slipped off and was crushed by the tractor. He died instantly.

Richard and Cheryl live a very modest life. Richard works full time at Intermountain Power Plant and also farms full time. Richard depends on his family to help out with farm work. They drive an old beat up Suburban that doesn’t have reverse, and hasn’t for at least a year. I am not telling you this to feel bad for them. They love their life, and are probably the happiest family that I know. They are always willing to help others with smiles on their faces. They are appreciative of others, considerate and never complain. Their children are a joy to be around. Playful, happy, fun, and helpful……

They have 5 boys and 2 girls, from age 20 down to 6. Their oldest son Chance is serving an LDS mission in Guatemala and will be returning home this October. Skyler is the next oldest at 19, and he is getting married this December. Ty just turned 18, Jordan is 17, Akayleigha is 12, Ashleigh is 7 and Taylin is 6.

Even with the tragic loss of their son, they persevere. Richard went back out to farm the very next day. Cheryl continued as a mother. They asked for nothing, and expected nothing from others. Surrounded by family and friends, they stood strong as they laid their son to rest yesterday. They both spoke at the funeral services, and told stories of how much fun Ty brought into the family. They celebrated his life, instead of mourning his death. He will be missed and always loved.

Funerals are extremely expensive these days, and I know that they would never ask for help. They go without so many luxuries that we take for granted. Please look into your hearts and if you can help out in any way at all, your contributions will be extremely appreciated. They don’t know that I am doing this. I have the utmost respect for their family and am so proud of each and every one of them.

If you would like to donate any money to their family, please let me know. I am accepting donations on their behalf. paypal to amansouri98@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Adam Mansouri (swoop69)

portrait6Large.jpg

0412091631.jpg

family2Large.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My condolences to the family, I sent a bit of money their way. My family has some farming history in Delta, my Grandfather owned 'Gardner & Sons Dairy' many years ago, so this hits a bit close to home.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.