Left Side of Suicide Hill

RaceMoab#42

Outlaw Rock Racing
How far left? Just next to the hill? or on the other side of the bush?
Ill give it a go on the other side of the bush, but im not sure just next to the hill is doable

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
I sure have. I was curious if any body else has givin it a try. No body in my group would try last time I was out. Its for sure doable. I tried even further left right by the bush but I couldnt do it. No enough power. I sinced upgraded my buggy. Hopefully now I can make it happen.:D

RaceMoab#42

Outlaw Rock Racing
Ya Ive went up the hill and turned left before. I thought you meant shooting from the bottom, right next to the bush

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I've missed this hill everytime I've been in BFE. I'd like to pull up on it sometime soon. The main hill looks hard, now theres a harder line to try?....crazy :)

Olaf

Supporting Member
Suicidal Tendencies/hill has been closed

Hi All,

It seems like there was a lot of activity on this hill this past Spring but in reality Suicidal Tendencies has been CLOSED since 2005 because of errosion to the hillside.

This climb was originally lined out by mistake and it causes errosion to the access road above.

The trail cut up to the main road (Kevin's Cut) above Helldorado. The problem is as we made it and kept working it the erosion is killing that access road. In case of some emergency access, we don't want that to be a constant maintenance issue.
The route used to get out of the trail hinged upon a huge rock face. Now that face is pretty unstable. We fear that it could possibly be a hazard and harm people.

Believe me, I hate the idea of closing anything. But at the same time I certainly don't wish to see anyone get hurt because of something stupid.

Thanks for your cooperation in reminding others about this.

Happy Holidays,
Olaf

Olaf

Supporting Member
Okay. I didn't remember that we named that hill on Green Day. Then have at it!!! This hill is just down from the waterfall on Greenday

Last edited:

jason1

Not sure how far left your talking, but this is what happened when my buddy tried pretty left.
BFE4-11038.jpg

BFE4-11037.jpg

BFE4-11034.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Jason, that doesn't look like "Suicide hill". Your pictures look more like the Hellodorado's waterfall.????

Those photos look to me like the optional climb at the very top of Greenday. It's quite a bit taller than the waterfall.

jason1

Its the top of greenday before the big sqeeze optional line. Right before you head down. I've never heard it called suicide hill before either.

Olaf

Supporting Member
I'm having trouble imagining the top of Green Day. Are you talking about the area right before you make the 90 degree turn down hill?
I thought the hill, "Suicide Hill" that everyone is talking about, is next to or slightly below the waterfall/notch on Green day.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Ill have to give it some thought on what to name the left side. It is the hill in those pics. thats the way I climb it. Went down over thanksgiving and did it in the dark. The pics didnt turn out but I didnt seem to have any problems. You have to comit to the obstical, you cant just try. start at the bottom bank it to the left. Your rig will be positioned 90 degrees to the bottom. Front burn to straiten out and up ya go. I wish I had video. There were many there that witnessed.
Ill post pics later tonight..