Love this truck...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
For some reason i love with this shot from this weekend. I'll be scrolling through my photos, and no fail i'll stare at this one for a minute or so. Not sure what it is about it. Kinda looks like a toy. It's a great subject cause you know that truck has a story to tell. :)

Rot Box's rig:
DSC_1267.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ya know its funny. There were all sorts of rigs out with us, some very beutiful builds and well equipped clean setups. However we all sort've gravitated over to Andrew's rig. It is such a neat rig and it was a ton of fun having those two out on the trail with us. Hope they are having fun in the slots today.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Maybe its how the rust spots blend with the surrounding fall colors. Almost like natural camo:D

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
It looks sooooo much like my very first toyota pickup! I loved that truck. It was the reason i'm still a toyota freak to this day :D

I love the MC rear bumper to protect that sexy bed!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Ha ha thanks a lot you guy's :D It does have a story that's for sure I just wish I knew all of it's history. I have put well over 100K on it so either has 270K, 370K or maybe even more miles on it who knows?! The mighty 20R is original but its on its 4th trans that is starting to go :rolleyes:

I bought it when I was just out of high school and it was completely stock with zero dents just lots and lots of rust. I have my wife to thank because if it had not been for her it would have stayed on my dads trailer that was scrap yard bound--no joke. Blown trans (again for the 2nd time), bald tires, blown clutch, holes in the floor I could put my whole leg through and in need of serious carb work I really thought it was a lost cause...

I've had the opportunity to swap the engine many times along with clean body panels that I have in the garage but I just cant bring myself to do it. Nowadays so many people have Toyota mini's that its really hard to find one with character.

Right now I'm getting a w56 ready to swap in (G52's just aren't working for me apparently) along with another reduction housing in front of my 4.7's that I will upgrade to 23 spline while its all torn apart. Aside from that I just plan to take it slow and upgrade it as it goes. I've put a lot of effort into making it as reliable as I can and so far its never left me on the side of the road or broken down on a trail :greg:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Here are a few that I have on my computer. I need to find a scanner and show some from the early years :)

Edit: more pics

Attachments

• The wedge.jpg
    The wedge.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 36
  • EJS 09.jpg
    EJS 09.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Radio Tower.jpg
    Radio Tower.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Highcreek.jpg
    Highcreek.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
When I first saw the pic on the Swell thread I thought that if that isn't Rot Box's rig he needs to give his screen name up to whoever owns that beast :).

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Its good to see all the love for it after Andrew just about gave up on the rusty ol thing. And, its good to see people giving respect for the little things that truly make this whole hobby/sport/obsession really cool.

Edit: Those tires look WAAAY too nice for that truck! :D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Here are a few more from earlier this year... not trying to pimp my own truck or anything :sick:

Attachments

• Moab rim.jpg
    Moab rim.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 21
  • moab rim 2.jpg
    moab rim 2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 22
  • moab rim 3.jpg
    moab rim 3.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 20
  • moab rim 4.jpg
    moab rim 4.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 18
  • moab rim 5.jpg
    moab rim 5.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 19

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It cracks me up that it has the wrap around rear bumper to protect the corners. it just strikes me as funny. I guess that is how you keep it in pristine condition. Sweet rig.