Archived What are trail conditions in moab right now?

leorn

reset
I saw a pic of the upper heldorado waterfall that showed it a lot shorter than normal because of the sediment that had buried the bottom from this spring. pics of helldorado and pritchett here.
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/tanzuki/

It got me wondering what else has changed???

A couple places that came to mind are widowmaker on metal masher and prichett.

Post up if you have been there in the last bit.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I've been on both Metal Masher and Pritchett in the last couple of weeks. Widow Maker was still covered in snow, but it certainly has not got any smaller from last year. Pritchett was in very good condition except for some snow and mud. The small ledges at the very bottom of Rock Pile might be a bit taller than a year ago, and the holes in the middle part of Chewy might be a bit deeper. Otherwise everything seems about the same. I haven't been to Helldorado for a while, so I can't comment about that.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I saw a pic of the upper heldorado waterfall that showed it a lot shorter than normal because of the sediment that had buried the bottom from this spring. pics of helldorado and pritchett here.
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/tanzuki/

It got me wondering what else has changed???

A couple places that came to mind are widowmaker on metal masher and prichett.

Post up if you have been there in the last bit.

I was in there last weekend, (heldo) the first part of the gatekeeper was really washed out. It had about 16" of watter in front of it.
the breakover rock was still a teter-totter & the watter fall isnt filled with sediment, although that can change. pritchet was great as well!

PolarXJ

HO-P
My group was down there last weekend as well. Thursday and Saturday were great. The sun was out and temps were great. Friday is kinda snow/rained off and on while we ran GS. We didn't encounter any snow on any of the trails we did those three days. The only snow I saw was on north facing slope tucked in corners and stuff, but nothing on the actual trails.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
is there any snow left?
bfe open?
how is the temp down there,

the snow was pretty much all gone. I expected to see quite a bit of watter in pritchet, but it was great! just watter in the normal places.
BFE was also in great shape! no snow on green day, or watter.
The only watter pool in heldo was in front of the gate keeper, I bet it will be mostly dried up by then though.
we also hit cliff hanger & the rim & hells, all those trails were in great shape (no snow)

Last edited:

LT.

I looked at the weather reports for the Moab area for EJS. Looks like good weather for the start but, on Thursday and Friday there is a good chance for moisture and the temps are a little cool.

LT.