Archived prichet canyon chewy hill roll

utah340six

tonight coming down cewey hill we had a jeep that had been streched 18 inches and on 40 roll down cewey.
he was coing down the right side of the hill looking up the hill.
droped off one of the bumps and fliped uver forward cleared the fence on the way by.
he was totaly air born.
coils all the way around.
think they unloaded on him and just fliped it right over.
minor cuts.
if they would have been sober they might of got hurt.
good reason to drink? (not)
sur messed up the jeep.

Attachments

• DSCF1304.jpg
    DSCF1304.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCF1305.jpg
    DSCF1305.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF1312.jpg
    DSCF1312.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
tonight coming down cewey hill we had a jeep that had been strached 18 inches and on 40 roll down cewey.
he was coing down the right side of the hill looking up the hill.
droped off one of the bumps and fliped uver forward cleared the fence on the way by.
he was totaly air born.
coils all the way around.
think they unloaded on him and just fliped it right over.
minor cuts.
if they would have been sober they might of got hurt.
good reason to drink? (not)
sur messed up the jeep.

[Translation]
Salutations fellow members of the off-highway vehicle community.
I would like to convey upon you an event that happened this fine evening outside of Moab, Utah. A group of people that I was privileged enough to be with was traversing the Prichett Canyon trail when we came upon the obstical know to many as "Chewy Hill". One member of our group, who was piloting a highly modified Jeep that had been stretched a full eighteen inches and utilizing forty inch tires, had an unfortunate incident.
While attempting the afore mentioned obstical his vehicle seemed to have an issue with it's suspension. This issue caused the vehicle to flip over in a violent fashion. So far, in fact, that it went clean over the fencing next to the trail. Rather spectacular, if I must say.
The occupants of the Jeep appeared to have been imbibing a bit, which may have led to their injuries being less critical than they could have been. Irregardless of their good fortune, I still do not condone drinking and driving.
In the end, their vehicle endured serious structual damage which will not be easy to mend.
[/Translation]

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
[Translation]
Salutations fellow members of the off-highway vehicle community.
I would like to convey upon you an event that happened this fine evening outside of Moab, Utah. A group of people that I was privileged enough to be with was traversing the Prichett Canyon trail when we came upon the obstical know to many as "Chewy Hill". One member of our group, who was piloting a highly modified Jeep that had been stretched a full eighteen inches and utilizing forty inch tires, had an unfortunate incident.
While attempting the afore mentioned obstical his vehicle seemed to have an issue with it's suspension. This issue caused the vehicle to flip over in a violent fashion. So far, in fact, that it went clean over the fencing next to the trail. Rather spectacular, if I must say.
The occupants of the Jeep appeared to have been imbibing a bit, which may have led to their injuries being less critical than they could have been. Irregardless of their good fortune, I still do not condone drinking and driving.
In the end, their vehicle endured serious structual damage which will not be easy to mend.
[/Translation]

Oh, I see. Why didn't he say so in the first place.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I have no sympathy for idiots who drink on the trail, they got what they deserved. If they hadn't been drinking then this likely would not have happened.

utah340six

hay stephen do you work for the paper? (No offence) kind of like you reright.

no the dumb shits were drunk on ther asses.
the peaple in the other jeep in there party were worried about the whisky bottle if it had gotten broken.
No they were not with use.
they were kind of ass holes at rocker nocker
and they kept right on drinking

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Drank to have a good time, prior to Chewy.

Drank to preserve life and limb, should they roll on Chewy..

Drank to celebrate surviving Chewy...

Drank to forget the $$$$$ lost when the rolled on Chewy

Drank to enhance their creative process when designing the new buggy with whats left of the remains...

Sound like their drinking club has a 4x4 problem... and maybe they should list the 4x4 items owned by the drinking club on RME classifieds,, or KSL.. and focus on their drinking... Apparently they do that okay...

The few rare times I have mixed alcohol and locked hubs... have been every stuck I have encountere, or precarious situation, never drunk, and never really scary.. but learned... that alcohol is best saved for after the ride...

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I think you would be doing RME a great service if you would translate every post utah340six made.

[Translation]...Irregardless...
[/Translation]

Not a word.

Regard = to take into account; consider

Regardless = without regard

Irregardless = not without regard = regard

double negative

Your English lesson for the day. But you still made 1000% more sense than utah340six.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think you would be doing RME a great service if you would translate every post utah340six made.

Not a word.

double negative

Your English lesson for the day. But you still made 1000% more sense than utah340six.

It's actually in the dictionary...although it recommends not using it. We came across it when proofreading blueprints and had to look it up to see if we should red mark them for it. It is the only word that starts with "R" that adding ir- does not change the meaning...it still means regardless.

Just though you should know :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
hay stephen do you work for the paper? (No offence) kind of like you reright.

None taken, and I hope you are not offended by my rewrite. Boring night at work, and let's face it. Your mastery of spelling and grammer does leave a little to be desired. ;)

Not a word.

double negative

Your English lesson for the day.

It is in the dictionary and Steinbeck uses it, so I feel justified in my usage.

lineforeman99

All we can do is hope and pray that these guys learned a valuable lesson. For some reason there are people think that wheeling and drinking is not the same as drinking and driving, but as we all know that is not true. I hope this thead gets stretched out until the readers are totally sick of it. Maybe it will hit home then.
I am glad the guys who wrecked were not seriously hurt and sincerely hope they did learn a lesson.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
thats wHAT ya learnd in school in IDAHO.
back before dirt was made.

:D

Sucks those guys have to give us a bad name going out plowed like that. It's only a matter of time before somebody gets hurt really bad.

I've had my share of beer while waiting around on the trail before, but to get plastered and drive on the trail is ridiculous. I would have turned them in.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
After running Pritchett today w/some of the Red Rock guys, I have to say, Chewy is not a hill to take lightly, much less while intoxicated. That's a pretty damn good drop.

And I don't care what Steinbeck says, "irregardless" is not a word. :cody: :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
After running Pritchett today w/some of the Red Rock guys, I have to say, Chewy is not a hill to take lightly, much less while intoxicated. That's a pretty damn good drop.

And I don't care what Steinbeck says, "irregardless" is not a word. :cody: :D

Steinbeck is my literary hero, so it's a damn word! Next time I see you I'm going to hit you over the head with a copy of East of Eden!:mad2:

utah340six

why he has a busted up rig to make him remember.

ps we did put the fence back up after we drug his jeep back on the trail.
2nd time that day fixing the same fence.
for some reason peaple think they can go up the canyon to by pass chewy.
still needs 6 feet of cable on the south end to be fixed, (were cable was broke off).

Last edited: