Jeepster Commando's

Swoop69

Hello all. I have been on here for a while, but havent posted many pics of my Jeepsters. I thought I would start a new thread to get back into the swing of things.

I have 3 Jeepster Commando's (yes it is a sickness). Between work, and family time I havent been able to spend as much time working on my jeepsters as I would like, which is the case with most of you too.

My first Jeepster is a '69 that I bought about 5 years ago. I drove it twice and realized how much work it was going to need. I started swapping axles with a scout D44 rear and a waggy D44 front. Then worked on the steering, then wanted to replace the wiring with a new harness, but decided to fix the rusted out floors before the wiring. One thing led to another and I had it completely torn down to the frame. Then I decided to swap the original buick V6 for a SBC/700r4 combo. That is where it sits today. In the last 5 years my family has grown from 4 to 6 people, and there just wasnt enough room for all of us. I decided to make this a 4 door Jeepster... we will see if it ever happens.

October_05072.jpg

Tub1.jpg

Tub2.jpg

Jeepster.jpg

Here is the second jeepster I bought. It is a '67 that I bought it about 2 years ago from a guy who had most of the work done. He did or had the work done on the suspension, steering, body, paint, roll cage, rock sliders, bumpers, seats, ect...

When I got it, it needed fuel lines, trans cooler lines, electrical, exhaust, and drive shafts. I have most of it done now, but is a jeep ever "done"?

April_09003Large.jpg

April_09010Large.jpg

Jeepster2.jpg

JeepsterLogoonseat.jpg

And finally the third Jeepster to my collection. This is a '70 convertible that I went to look at for someone out of state. I found this on KSL and posted on a Jeepster forum that this was in my area and I could go look at it for anyone interested. A guy in Maryland contacted me and was interested. I had no plans on buying this (or money), but when I looked at it and saw how clean it was I just couldnt pass it up. I felt bad about the guy in MD, but like I said, it was too good to pass on. This is not perfect, but there is absolutly no rot in the body, the drive train is all original, the interior is in excellent shape, and it is a convertible.

Vert5Large.jpg

Vert6Large.jpg

Vert10Large.jpg

Vert12Large.jpg

VertLarge.jpg

I plan on taking the yellow one or the convertible (maybe both) to the All Jeep Show in a few weeks. I am excited to have these on the road (and soon offroad). After 5 years of working on my obsession it is finally starting to pay off. I have some spare parts, so if you are looking for some Jeepster parts let me know and I might be able to help you out. Or if you just want to talk Jeepsters I am always up for that.

Talk to you later.
Adam.

cheepin

Our '70,stock except for fullcage with frontseats tied to it.The tubefenders and 34/9.50 swmapers.It is actually a halfcab.But was swapped for a fulltop at somepoint.
Cj7build003.jpg

cjbuild.jpg

jeepster001-1.jpg

Stacey

I too like the tube fenders, did you make those yourself?

Swoop, I think this is the first time I have seen your convertible, it is very nice looking. You are right when you say Jeepsters are a sickness.

All us J/C owners should get together some time.

mierdota

there is a sweet commando convertible that is way clean for sale by my house you should add it to your collection :)

Swoop69

I too like the tube fenders, did you make those yourself?

Swoop, I think this is the first time I have seen your convertible, it is very nice looking. You are right when you say Jeepsters are a sickness.

All us J/C owners should get together some time.

Is this Boo?

Are you planning on attending the Delta Old School Rock Crawl? or the All Jeep show at MSP? I am going to both. Maybe we could have a commando only section...

Stacey

Is this Boo?

Are you planning on attending the Delta Old School Rock Crawl? or the All Jeep show at MSP? I am going to both. Maybe we could have a commando only section...

Yes it is Boo.

I don't know anything about either event - When is the Delta Old Scool Rock Crawl? What and when is the Jeep Show and where is MSP?

I really need to get out and do something.

Swoop69

Yes it is Boo.

I don't know anything about either event - When is the Delta Old Scool Rock Crawl? What and when is the Jeep Show and where is MSP?

I really need to get out and do something.

I think I still owe you some lunch! let me know if you can make either and we should meet up :)

the delta Old School Crawl is this weekend Thurs-Sat
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=67891&highlight=old+school

and the All Jeep Show will be on Sat May 22nd
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=72219&highlight=all+jeep+show

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I have a '68, that I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a custom or replacement frame under. I also have a full '67 body that I have big plans for, just need the money.

cheepin

I have a '68, that I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a custom or replacement frame under. I also have a full '67 body that I have big plans for, just need the money.
I built the frame for my Cj-7 buggy thing.Used 2x3 1/8" but to do it again I would go 2x4 if not 2x5.Just to get a thicker belly to hide the drivetrain easier.There is a build thread here somewhere.
Jeepster032.jpg

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I was thinking to use 2x4, but is there a donor frame that might be close enough to use?

A CJ6 or scrambler frame would be close but probably harder to find. I guess I shouldn't have cut up the extra commando frame that I had (I used pieces of it to widen my commando frame).