How and where to buy carpet.

fixajet

In about a month (about tax time) my wife and I want to replace the carpet in the whole upstairs in our home. 3 bedrooms, living room, and family room...
Has anyone got any suggestions on a good place to shop for carpet. We no nothing about what to look out for when it comes to carpet. Are place's like Home depot/Lowes just as good as the carpet stores... Also in this economy price is a factor. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated.
We live in north Utah County.

Scott

MOODY

Bald Guy
My family has used Wards Discount Carpets on many occasions, and they are fair on their pricing and installation. They often buy the last 15 yards of something so it is often fairly expensive carpet, but they are only able to do 1-2 rooms which equates to a cheaper overall price.

We are thinking of doing a bit of carpet this year, and we will use Wards. They are on 90th S. just west of the freeway in Sandy (I think it is still Sandy)

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Wards here also. I used to own a carpet cleaning company, and did a lot of work for property managment companies. They would manage rental homes for the homeowners. They always used Ward for the reasons above- you could get higher quality carpets because they dealt a lot with remnants.

I will tell you this- the most important aspect of being happy with your carpet is the quality of the pad underneath it. The best carpet in the world won't last if you skimp on pad quality.