Archived Registering for EJS without a street legal vehicle???????

Im getting ready to send in my registration and the form has a spt where you must sign saying that your vehicle is street legal. I have an OHV tag on my Jeep and it is not street legal. I am assuming that you can not participate in the event if your vehicle is not street legal?

Ive seen plenty of vehicles there that are not street legal but am unsure if they are participants.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I have registered for ejs trails for years without street legal rigs, Ive just put ohv in column for plate # and made sure that I was doing a trail with trailer parking and non-hiway return to the trailer.

Cherokeester

This is straight from the RR4W 2011 EJS magazine.

"The Red Rock 4 Wheelers wish to
clarify the eligibility of differing vehicles
for the 2011 events, both Easter Jeep Safari
and the Labor Day Event.
These events are offered for street
legal production type four wheel drive
full-size passenger vehicles t
hat feature a
transfer case which has a low range gear in
it. Our events are designed around this type
vehicle and always have been. Years ago
we found out the hard way that allowing
vehicles that differed from this formula
created problems and detracted from the
fun for participants. Our trails also usually
end at a different spot than where they
began, so street legality is an issue too."

"Another problem we frequently
encounter is questions about purpose built
rock crawling rigs. All but a couple of our
trails are no challenge for these purpose
built rigs, so they don’t register for them.
Since we do encounter them on a couple
of trails we must visit the issue. First, our
initial statement stands, the trips are for
street legal production type four wheel vehicles
. As already mentioned, most of
our trails exit at a different point than
where they enter, so it becomes difficult
to get past the street legal aspect. The Utah
Highway Patrol enforces the Utah street
legality situation pretty strictly,
and Jeep
Safari time is no exception."

Last edited:

JaredMD

I am wondering the same thing. My Jeep has lights, signals, horn, ect. but not street legal due to full width axles and comp cut. I have it registered as an ohv as well.

Last year I drove it on the streets the entire time without any issues with enforcement. Not sure whether to register for the event or not......

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Most of the non-street legal rigs you see down there are not registered for the Official trails. They just go out and do their own thing.

The trail we were on last year was very strict on the street legal thing.

You can always try it, but if they refuse your registration its at your own risk, just like driving an OHV on the street in Moab.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
If my buggy isnt welcome in RR EJS event thats ok, I will just go to Moab the weekend after when the trails are less crowded and I can check out the carshow besides.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I love the car show! But have you ever felt so hated, driving around in a jeep while there are sweet cars everywhere? Made me feel like I didn't belong....in a jeep....in moab of all places.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
If my buggy isnt welcome in RR EJS event thats ok, I will just go to Moab the weekend after when the trails are less crowded and I can check out the carshow besides.

YES! We met you last year on Lockjaw the carshow weekend. That was a good time. Great weather for Wheeling then you go back to town and watch all the hotrods! The best of both worlds.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
YES! We met you last year on Lockjaw the carshow weekend. That was a good time. Great weather for Wheeling then you go back to town and watch all the hotrods! The best of both worlds.

yep, It was cool running across you guys last year, let me know if you are coming down agian, and we will do a trail in areaBFE.. I love carshow weekend. EJS is cool I took a few years off from EJS because it was too crowded, the last couple years ive done both and easter has been ok since the economy has cut into the numbers but if I have to choose its going to be Carshow weekend.

Last edited: