Archived Eat at Pasta J during EJS!

Get food poisoning at Pasta J!

All three of us got sick at Pasta J on Big Saturday night, 3 April 2010. We had:
1) Minestrone soup, salad, chicken cacciatore
2) Minestrone soup, salad, special chicken with Portobello mushrooms
3) Salad, chicken with Italian sausage
I left with food poisoning before the meal was over at the insistence of my friends and they took care of the bill. During the night, I was dizzy every time got out of bed for many trips to the bathroom. I tired to get up at 4 AM for return trip; I tried at 5 AM again to get up. Finally at 6 AM got up and it took an hour to just pull on clothes and take two bags out to the car. The food poisoning turned a 10 hour drive back to Los Angeles into a fifteen hour nightmare. Monday’s flight to the East Coast was much less than pleasant.

Tuesday 6 April called Pasta J’s and talked to the manager, Kate, about the food poisoning, and that that trip was the seventh trip to Moab for me. Kate said that she would investigate and call me back. Furthermore she thought that the chicken had not been properly handled or cooked enough. She offered coupons for free meals. Since I had never had food poisoning ever before, I said that I would not be interested in ever eating there again even for free. I suggested that she talk to her management for some other form of compensation such as refunding my money or paying for three meals at a place that they do not own or operate. I left two telephone numbers and my address.

Did they contact me about the investigation? NO!

Please spread the word that eating at Pasta J will get you sick!

I will get my satisfaction by getting people to eat elsewhere!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we eat there quite abit during EJS and have never had a problem... we even had the same meal one of you had last year... but we ate there the weekend before you....

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Im sure people have gotten sick from any restaurant out there. Its just the nature of the beast.

Pasta Js isnt my favorite in Moab but I have been there a few times.

It ALWAYS smells good walking past tho

Jesser04

Get food poisoning at Pasta J!

All three of us got sick at Pasta J on Big Saturday night, 3 April 2010. We had:
1) Minestrone soup, salad, chicken cacciatore
2) Minestrone soup, salad, special chicken with Portobello mushrooms
3) Salad, chicken with Italian sausage
I left with food poisoning before the meal was over at the insistence of my friends and they took care of the bill. During the night, I was dizzy every time got out of bed for many trips to the bathroom. I tired to get up at 4 AM for return trip; I tried at 5 AM again to get up. Finally at 6 AM got up and it took an hour to just pull on clothes and take two bags out to the car. The food poisoning turned a 10 hour drive back to Los Angeles into a fifteen hour nightmare. Monday’s flight to the East Coast was much less than pleasant.

Tuesday 6 April called Pasta J’s and talked to the manager, Kate, about the food poisoning, and that that trip was the seventh trip to Moab for me. Kate said that she would investigate and call me back. Furthermore she thought that the chicken had not been properly handled or cooked enough. She offered coupons for free meals. Since I had never had food poisoning ever before, I said that I would not be interested in ever eating there again even for free. I suggested that she talk to her management for some other form of compensation such as refunding my money or paying for three meals at a place that they do not own or operate. I left two telephone numbers and my address.

Did they contact me about the investigation? NO!

Please spread the word that eating at Pasta J will get you sick!

I will get my satisfaction by getting people to eat elsewhere!

Your a bad customer.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I've never eaten there, but with all the good reviews on this thread I think I will next time I go down!!

I have had food poisoning before, yah it sucks but so does the FLU, a COLD, ALLERGIES, BROKEN BONES ect. It happens. I'm not going to stop eating at a good restaurant because one person had one bad experience. My dad got food poisoning at Maddox, that is still my favorite place to eat.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Give me a ****ing break man. Did you report the situation to the Health Department or were you just looking to smite the offenders because they didn't take away your pain by giving you free stuff?

Let me ask you this, how would the free meals anywhere else have solved the problem? You're just pissed off because the person you talked to on the phone is smarter than you. They saw right through your disgusting sense of entitlement and didn't give you the freebies that you thought you should be entitled to. Kudos to them.

In fact, I'm probably going to endure some of their sub-par food next time I'm in Moab just to spite you.

Maybe it was something that came from their supplier, and they unknowingly served it to you. If you had reported it to the Department of Health they could have investigated it, finding the source to be contaminated garbanzo beans supplied by United Garbanzo INC. They could have then notified everyone who had received those garbanzo beans preventing 1000's of sicknesses. In fact, my grandmother died of an unknown illness and, come to think of it, it was not long after eating at an Italian restaurant in SLC. You very well could have saved my grandmothers life and been a hero, but your own self-important sense of entitlement got the better of you and now my nanna, who was a saint mind you, is no longer with us. You could have been a hero.

Instead, you're attempting to alter the good name of one of the few restaurants that has been able to survive the unimaginably difficult seasonal business that Moab endures. Now that you have gotten the word out to thousands of people how negligent J's was for serving food that was properly prepared but unknowingly tainted upon arrival in their establishment, you have cost them thousands of dollars. After a sub-par Easter season (as a result your vast and far reaching economic impact) they have to shut down and no longer are in business. Without one of the few consistent business in Moab, the tax base has taken a sudden hit and unemployment has gone up. The resulting increase in unemployment causes people to result to desperate measures, and my hippy friend Brett is murdered behind Woody's for his Birkenstocks and $15. Additionally, 3 more teachers are fired at the local elementary school due to lack of funds, which increases the burden on the already overburdened teachers of that school causing additional stress for the remaining teachers. One of the teachers, an award winning science teacher by the name of Mr. Jones, commits suicide as a result of the additional pressure. Luckily this opens up an extra teaching position in the community that gives on of the three previously displaced teachers a job, but the overall impact of your sense of entitlement is a loss of tax dollars to the community, increased unemployment, larger class sizes, and three lives. I can go on about how Mr Jones would have inspired a student in next years class to dedicate himself to science and would have successfully found the cure for cancer in 15 years, but we who cares about the cure for cancer. Obviously you don't.

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
Maybe it was something that came from their supplier, and they unknowingly served it to you. If you had reported it to the Department of Health they could have investigated it, finding the source to be contaminated garbanzo beans supplied by United Garbanzo INC. They could have then notified everyone who had received those garbanzo beans preventing 1000's of sicknesses. In fact, my grandmother died of an unknown illness and, come to think of it, it was not long after eating at an Italian restaurant in SLC. You very well could have saved my grandmothers life and been a hero, but your own self-important sense of entitlement got the better of you and now my nanna, who was a saint mind you, is no longer with us. You could have been a hero, but now you're just a tool. Thanks for that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Hopefully everyone WILL eat at pasta jays now because of this. Maybe I will only have to wait 3 hours instead of 6 to get into my restaurant of choice

:greg:

May Nana rest in peace