Archived gonna have to find these jeep at EJS!!!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Is it just me who finds it a sad commentary on our "pretty great state", that none of these rigs would be street legal here? :(

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
all of them except for the blue crush and pork chop look like they would be legal, the renegade would be ify because of the tires sticking out past the flares, other than that it would be legal too I would think

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Every one of those would be required to have mudflaps, and the further down the list you go on those Jeeps, the more illegal they become.

all of them except for the blue crush and pork chop look like they would be legal, the renegade would be ify because of the tires sticking out past the flares, other than that it would be legal too I would think

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yes, nothing major, just a sad commentary. How could a state, with some of the best off roading in the country, have such restrictive vehicle laws?

It's sad, and we'll never be able to change it now that the law enforcement folks have realized it's a huge cash cow for them.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Yes, nothing major, just a sad commentary. How could a state, with some of the best off roading in the country, have such restrictive vehicle laws?

It's sad, and we'll never be able to change it now that the law enforcement folks have realized it's a huge cash cow for them.

I have to slightly disagree, the inspection laws are there to protect others from the potential hazards that arise from modified vehicles. Would you want a rock, broken spring, or other crap that can get kicked up or fall off a lifted vehicle and hit your windshield if it could have been prevented? Inspections are there to keep us safe.

But some officers do take it a bit too far, I have seen a Jeep pass inspection and a week later get pulled over just as it sat when inspected.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
As for the Jeeps in the article, seems like a waste of time to show a vehicle or some accessories that you can't even buy or have on your vehicle. Most of them are weak sauce anyway.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I do have a broken windshield right now, a mini-van kicked up a rock on I-15. :rofl:

I can honestly say, I've never recieved a broken wirndshield from a lifted 4X4.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I do have a broken windshield right now, a mini-van kicked up a rock on I-15. :rofl:

I can honestly say, I've never recieved a broken wirndshield from a lifted 4X4.

Most M/T's don't even have the right tread design to pick up rocks, the voids are too wide, it's usually A/S and A/T tires that kick crap up. But most of us who daily drive our rigs don't regularly run M/T's on the street.

Dominic

Ran into them this evening. They are about as bland as they seem in pictures. They do have that sweet tan JT8 military truck though. I love that thing.