Flavor of the Week

Cascadia

Undecided
I though I would start a flavor of the week thread. Probably mostly for me since I get a new rig every so often. If anyone else is the same as me, feel free to post up.

For now, I'll list the specs of my new rig and a few before and after pics.

Before with camo paint and some baldish xterrains.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 596

Cascadia

Undecided
And now with the solid paint color and I kept my brand new 35 inch Maxxis Bighorns. What do you guys think? And what are some things you would do if you were me? If I keep it.:D

Attachments

• 42011 007.JPG
    42011 007.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 42011 009.JPG
    42011 009.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 42011 010.JPG
    42011 010.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 42011 076.jpg
    42011 076.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 65
  • 42011 011.JPG
    42011 011.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 63

sixstringsteve

I LOVE the new color, it looks like a totally different rig.

And I'm guitly of the flavor of the week club. I'm trying to exit the club...

Cascadia

Undecided
And I'm guitly of the flavor of the week club. I'm trying to exit the club...

I'm trying to exit too but since my dream rig is a few years out I need something or somethings to get me by until then. I'm saving my money in the meantime for that expensive future rig. Maybe I'll find something else in the meantime that turns out to be my dream rig that costs less.

Coco

Not bad, but the interior color is aweful :ugh: I do have to admit, I did like the camp paint, but the new color looks good!

Cascadia

Undecided
I thought I had but obviously I never hit enter. Here's a list.
Its an 87 SR5 so it's got all the options.

motor is a 22RE (rebuilt) 25k
w56 top shift 5 speed trans rebuilt 25k
gear t-case stock 2:28 Gears rebuilt 25k

the only engine mods Downey cold intake(washable filter)
Downey header

Drive train mods

Allpro SAS swap,(that includes, high steer arms, HD drag and tie rod, grease able shackles, 4 inch springs(longer then stock)
Trail gear high pinion front diff w/5:29 gears ARB
Trail gear rear diff 5:29/ARB
Long field supper axles
Inch worm duel case t-case skid
Marlin Crawler Crawl box 2:28
Marlin Crawler crawler front winch bumper
marlin Crawler rock sliders
Mile Marker 8000lb winch
New rebuilt six states CV drive lines frt/rear
Alcan rear springs (longer then stock) rear mounts moved
Sky's rear shock mounts

Last edited:

Bart

Looking good and I hope this works for a while. I'd find something to break up the all green. Maybe do the flares and bumpers a complimentary color. Good luck.

plaidfro

I'll have to stop by and take a look... I am planning or doing a rattle can job on mine here soon... after I get some body work issues resolved first.

What's your thoughts on the feel of the vehicle between the Toyota's and Jeeps now... you should have some good experience in that discussion.

Cascadia

Undecided
Looking good and I hope this works for a while. I'd find something to break up the all green. Maybe do the flares and bumpers a complimentary color. Good luck.
I don't like the flares. They are just too bulky for me. When i look out my window at a rock it's hard to see my tire cause of the flare. I was thinking about doing the top black but not sure yet.

Cascadia

Undecided
What's your thoughts on the feel of the vehicle between the Toyota's and Jeeps now... you should have some good experience in that discussion.
It's still hard to say. All of my rigs have been built so different. Leaves, coils, both, flexy leaves, stiff leaves. I've had them all. Well maybe not them all. My toyotas with dual cases crawl very well but my jeeps have never had a lack of power with a single case. My LJ with coils and 103"wb wheeled very well and was very comfortable. My YJ with leaves and 95" wb crawled fine but I almost always had a tire off the ground which I definitely didn't like. My 81 yota was amazing and it also had everything that could be done to it. I'll have to see with the new runner this weekend in Moab to see what strengths and weaknesses it has.

Sorry for rambling on. It's just a toss up in the air between the 2. I don't think either is better than the other. The all have their pros and cons. :confused:

Taco4life

I don't like the flares. They are just too bulky for me. When i look out my window at a rock it's hard to see my tire cause of the flare. I was thinking about doing the top black but not sure yet.

If you ever part with the flares let me know. I could put them to good use! :D