Farmington Canyon gate open yet?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
When I called a few days ago it was still closed. And judging by the snow drifts that were clearly visible from the highway on my drive down from Layton this afternoon, my guess would be that it's going to be closed for awhile.

rholbrook

Thursday it was still closed. The gate going back to the cabins and Bountiful was buried by 10ft deep hard packed snow and atleast 40ft long. I don't see it opened for a while and then you have the rocks sliding on the road.

Cheston, don't take our word for it, stop by and take my WR for a ride over to the mouth of the canyon. It is street legal you know

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I was thinking of driving the Scout up tomorrow after the 4wheelparts car show. Might be fun to go snow wheeling!

One of these days Im gonna come ride that WR.....just you wait and see!

rholbrook

You would be better off coming by my place, grabbing the WR and driving the three miles to check it out.

I really don't see Farmington opening for atleast a month

huntinkid

yep the idiot who plowed the parking area up top screwed up big there was piles almost 30 to 40 feet high he just kept pushing and pushing.....the gate is closed before the pavement ends. Bountiful you can make it up to bucklands but the usfs put a gate there as well which seems dumb to me....but in the dead of winter the snow was packed enough to drive over the gate :) if anyone wants to go up pm me and lets go i like wheelin with new people

rholbrook

I emailed Kathy Jo Pollock at the Forest Service and here is her response

The Ward Canyon road is open to the junction with the Skyline Drive and Sessions Mountain Road. There is a possibility that the Skyline Drive will be open sometime next week. Farmington Canyon may be closed until the middle of August. Mueller Park at this time will be closed until the pipline construction is completed in that area. Not sure where the Tuttle Loop Road is. KJ