The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

MattL

Just as title says.

I would be very interested in riding with others that will test my abilities.

6-25-11

Stansbury front trail.

Its my first year on moto bikes and the beginning of the trail was a bit difficult with the rocks but as time went on I loosened up. Ive done maybe a dozen moto rides and this was the best time on the bike yet. Nearly all of the trail was single track. We saw 4 other riders in a 2.5 hour riding time period.

link to ride

If some one wants the gpx file let me know.

Lets hear of others

Attachments

• 2011-06-25 11.40.17.jpg
    2011-06-25 11.40.17.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 2011-06-25 11.40.30.jpg
    2011-06-25 11.40.30.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 134

sixstringsteve

Looks like a fun ride. My riding won't push you at all, but I'm game to ride with anyone who will have me. I'm not fast yet, but I seem to get a lot better with ride. My wife is learning to ride too, and she loves it.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Looks like fun! I would like the GPX, thanks. :)
I too, would like to ride with some of you all. I am used to riding mostly in Michigan, with one trip to Colorado, four mile OHV area. I really need to change out my front tire, but man, it's hard to get off the rim and back on without ruining a tube.
Keep me on the list of people who want to ride. I have a DRZ, plated.

rholbrook

I too, would like to ride with some of you all. I am used to riding mostly in Michigan, with one trip to Colorado, four mile OHV area. I really need to change out my front tire, but man, it's hard to get off the rim and back on without ruining a tube.
Baby powder, two big C clamps and some long tire irons do it for me.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
C clamps, nice! I was struggling with trying to keep the opposite side in the center. I only have the motorcycle style irons, but I will give it a shot.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I have those, I experienced more pinches with them so far than my cheap EMGO onces.
probably my technique, frankly.
:(
It's actually cheaper to pay someone to change then most times for me, because I screw up so many tubes. I have a box of them that need to be patched. ARgh.

MattL

Looks like a fun ride. My riding won't push you at all, but I'm game to ride with anyone who will have me. I'm not fast yet, but I seem to get a lot better with ride. My wife is learning to ride too, and she loves it.

I dont know about that Steve, Depends on the terrain I go what I feel super slow but then on others i feel confident, that is untill i know that the other guys I ride with are in front of me or eating my rear tire. Enjoy the fact that the wife is out there with you!.

I think I would like to hit this again maybe during this week in the late afternoon. I have plans for this weekend though. PM me your email address and Ill shoot over the gpx.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Oh snap. :)
I start a new job this week, and I don't know for sure what my workload will be like, but "tentatively" I should totally be available Thursday night. Just need to put the car dolly into a state that will carry a dirt bike.
Where to ride? I know of nothing really.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Stansbury front trail.

Its my first year on moto bikes and the beginning of the trail was a bit difficult with the rocks but as time went on I loosened up. Ive done maybe a dozen moto rides and this was the best time on the bike yet. Nearly all of the trail was single track. We saw 4 other riders in a 2.5 hour riding time period.

Did you guys ride to the north of the parking area only, or were you able to ride some of the stuff to the south?

MattL

This sounds fun but this weekend is out for me. Have fun.

Anyone want put put around this week? Where thursday? That day might be hard for me to commit to.

Also, from the link Steve provided for Hobble Creek it says advanced. So.. how hard is it?