• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

HVAC Work

Raleigh

OMF Dave
I have done HVAC and electrical work for 12 years now. Mostly commercial, but I extremely knowledgeable with residential as well.

If you need your furnace, boiler or AC unit looked at hit me up!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Dave fixed a friends furnace today as a result of this thread and she is very happy with the result. He did fast and quality work. His price was fantastic too!

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
My heating/ac unit sits in the mud in the crawl space under my house. I don't understand why the builder/installer would put it there, but I don't like it. Anything you can do about that?

Dan.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
My heating/ac unit sits in the mud in the crawl space under my house. I don't understand why the builder/installer would put it there, but I don't like it. Anything you can do about that?

Dan.

If you have a closet you wouldn't mind loosing we could put it in there.

Or possibly build a platform for it in the crawlspace.

Caleb

I'd love to put in a second zone for my upstairs. Is it possible to put a furnace in an attic? (I'm pretty sure there is plenty of space, just not sure if the extreme temps up there will be a problem) Or are there other options to getting a second zone for my upstairs? If you need to look at things, I'd be happy to schedule a time for you to come out. Thanks

Raleigh

OMF Dave
So you can move it along with all the duct work and gas lines?

It's 13 years old. Should I consider a new one at this time in its life?
We would tie into the existing duct work and move the gas line. Cut a hole in the floor for the duct work.
Depending on the furnace and what shape it is in and whether we can use it as a downflow will determine if a new unit is needed,

Raleigh

OMF Dave
I'd love to put in a second zone for my upstairs. Is it possible to put a furnace in an attic? (I'm pretty sure there is plenty of space, just not sure if the extreme temps up there will be a problem) Or are there other options to getting a second zone for my upstairs? If you need to look at things, I'd be happy to schedule a time for you to come out. Thanks

Usually we can put a small unit in the attic, the biggest issue is the gas line and whether your meter has enough capacity (most do).
I have had to run a gas line on the exterior if a house once to get to the attic.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Dave my heater stopped working last night. My wife keeps reminding me its 58* inside the house right now. Can you help?

Anyone have his number?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
He moved out of state a while back, so no surprise the number doesn't work.

Did you try Carl Nielson/Team Fred? He's fantastic, but might be working out of town. (he does that frequently)