Archived BFE camping and EJS campground

rockmike

Hey guys and gals Mike here again.Will be pulling into Moab the sunday after "big sat." will be needing a camping spot for 28' gooseneck toyhauler sunday thru tuesday,then wend,thurs. I would like to do some BFE trails then be back EJS Friday morning.

So my question,is it a first come first serve @ BFE? do I make reservations there to camp over night?Do I have much of a chance at getting a camping spot @ BFE that weekend?

Can you reccomend a camp site,I can preregister for the my time @ the EJS?

Thanks for any help and info.

Mike.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
BFE is first come first served, but there aren't any actual camping spots. Just pull in and find a place. If you want a place that you have to register for you need to call now. We stay in Monticello and drive into BFE or moab each day.

kawzx10

We have been staying at packcreek campground for the last couple years. Its behind a trailer park so its not like real camping but if you want a shower and running water its great. Owners have always been really friendly too.

rockmike

Thanks for the info.Most of the places Ive called have laughed at me"you arnt early at all" they tell me lol silly me and my newbness toward the EJS...learnin!

Olaf

Supporting Member
Hey guys and gals Mike here again.Will be pulling into Moab the sunday after "big sat." will be needing a camping spot for 28' gooseneck toyhauler sunday thru tuesday,then wend,thurs. I would like to do some BFE trails then be back EJS Friday morning.

So my question,is it a first come first serve @ BFE? do I make reservations there to camp over night?Do I have much of a chance at getting a camping spot @ BFE that weekend?

Can you reccomend a camp site,I can preregister for the my time @ the EJS?

Thanks for any help and info.

Mike.

When are you arriving? Jeep Safari ends the Sunday after Big Saturday (April 7th). There will be plenty of space then. If you're arriving Sunday, April 1st then that's early enough in EJS week where there will be plenty of room at AreaBFE.
We need to keep room for the race on Big Saturday but you can camp anywhere in lower lot until Friday April 6th. If anyone's going to be there beyond Friday April 6th then I will have to designate a spot for you so that you don't have to move.

Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523

rockmike

When are you arriving? Jeep Safari ends the Sunday after Big Saturday (April 7th). There will be plenty of space then. If you're arriving Sunday, April 1st then that's early enough in EJS week where there will be plenty of room at AreaBFE.
We need to keep room for the race on Big Saturday but you can camp anywhere in lower lot until Friday April 6th. If anyone's going to be there beyond Friday April 6th then I will have to designate a spot for you so that you don't have to move.

Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523

Sorry for the confusion sir.I'll be arriving @ BFE the 5th thursday morning,set up the trailer and hope I can find a group to jump in with to do a run thursday.I would love to do hellderado but not sure my rig is up for that, having the toy 8" diffs?? then Friday morning I'll pack back up swing by the EJS again for the giveaways and such.

I dont have a reservation anywhere to stay over thurs the 5th ,Friday the 6th.If it isnt to much trouble maybe you could set aside a place to park the trailer for friday night? I could just drive the samurai back into Moab EJS or just drive the tow rig inot EJS then drive back friday night to sleep @ BFE then pack up and start my trek home sat. morning.

I have paid for my trail runs for EJS MOnday,tuesday,wendsday.I have paid for my camping spot for sunday,mon,tues,wen.

Thanks,Mike.

Olaf

Supporting Member
Hi Mike,

Sure, we'll have a place on Thursday night to Friday. We can park your trailer at AreaBFE and camp Friday night but you probably won't be able to get it out on Saturday morning because we'll have so many racers, trailers, visitors etc. coming in. Perhaps you can move your trailer near the entry on Friday night so that it's easy to get out by 7am on Saturday to avoid the incoming traffic. Let me know, and we can also discuss it on Thursday when you arrive.

Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523

rockmike

Hi Mike,

Sure, we'll have a place on Thursday night to Friday. We can park your trailer at AreaBFE and camp Friday night but you probably won't be able to get it out on Saturday morning because we'll have so many racers, trailers, visitors etc. coming in. Perhaps you can move your trailer near the entry on Friday night so that it's easy to get out by 7am on Saturday to avoid the incoming traffic. Let me know, and we can also discuss it on Thursday when you arrive.

Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523

Sounds like a plan Olaf,your the coolest man appreciate!We'll talk thursday.

rockmike

mike you can do heldo i did 5 times in 2 days last easter on my 8 inch difs. but my rig had less power weighed less and only had 37s lol

lol other than that there the same right ? lol Righton James.I think the key will be finese! and thats how I roll any way I'll hit stuff...but after Ive tried to crawl it on a few differant lines first.Sure would love to try that trail...maybe I can find somone to run it with me thursday~crossing fingers~ I can.Who knows the sammy might be all busted up from the the 3 days @EJS lol and I wont be able to wheel no more~knock on wood~

SPY

Olaf, should we find you when we roll in and see if there is a spot for us?We will be rolling in on Thurs. the 5th and are going to try to get a spot in the lower lot thru Sunday. We have a gooseneck with 2 buggies and a GP medium tent. We will be helping a few race teams so it would be nice to be camped close by.

TIA
Justin

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
HI Justin,
Come by on Thursday but our camping area may be limited, compared to past years, because we have to allow pit space in the lower lot for Saturday's race. We'll place people who are staying through Sunday in the available areas first and those that are leaving by Friday morning in the pit area. The area is wide open until Friday morning but anyone camping in the pit area that's not a race team will unfortunately have to move.
Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523