AreaBFE Jeep Safari 2012 Schedule - March 31- April 8, 2012

Olaf

Supporting Member
AREA BFE – JEEP SAFARI – Schedule

3/31 Saturday - Day wheeling
4/1 Sunday - Day wheeling

4/2 Monday – Private Corporate event: Superior Axle & Gear, Full Traction Suspension, Bushwacker and SUPERCHIPS. Open for wheeling after 4pm.

4/3 Tuesday – 3rd annual CRAWL MAGAZINE READER’s Ride - Open to everyone - Big Family Entertainment!!!
2012_EJS_FINAL.jpg
4/4 Wednesday – Corporate event: Dynomax- Rancho/Bestop/BFGOODRICH TIRES. Open for wheeling.

4/5 Thursday – Open for Day Wheeling and Night wheeling.

4/6 Friday – Day and Night wheeling - Come out and watch competitors prerun the course from 9am-12noon.

4/7 Saturday – WeRock/DirtRiot race and 5th Annual AreaBFE Prize Giveaway. KCYN radio station live remote broadcast 10am-12noon. Gates open at 8am. $15 /person, Kids 8-15 $5.00.
Come Meet the Drivers Friday, April 6th from 4 to 7 at the Cabo Grill, Main Street. Discount tickets available at AreaBFE all week and Military discounts given with Military ID.
moab.DR flyer.jpg
4/8 Sunday – Day wheeling/clean up

We’ll be selling our NEW 2012 DESIGN Apparel this year at the gate. $15 for short sleeve tshirts, $20 for long sleeve and $45 for embroidered hoodies. We’ll also have AreaBFE embroidered beenies $20, caps $25, and women’s tanks $15!!!.

Camping will be allowed in the lower parking lot. Camping spaces beyond Friday will be limited in order to make room for the race on Saturday. Campers may come and go but will not be able to wheel during Monday’s private event until after 4pm.

Texasmoke will be out there once again selling their awesome BBQ.
Pulled pork sandwiches $6
Brisket sandwiches $8
Cowboy beans $1
Potato salad $1
Chips $1
Sodas $1

We will be asking for donations once again, and selling tickets for our Giveaway on Saturday April 7th!!! You don’t have to be present.

We will have potable drinking water on site, portapotties, and trash facilities all week.

We look forward to seeing you out there and thanks in advance for all of your support. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!!!

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
Yes, there open wheeling on Wednesday but I'm not sure if it will be after a certain time or all but certain trails. They haven't told me if they want semi-private like last year or private.

Olaf

Supporting Member
It's game on from Saturday to Saturday! I will get there before Jeep Safari and leave Moab after Jeep Safari so that I can have some fun.

Olaf

Supporting Member
I will be bringing the Rover. I sold the buggy to a local and he said that I can use when I'm in town!!! I also have the a '69 FJ40 that I'm rebuilding to make into the AreaBFE FJ40.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
What trails if any are open sat the 7th? I know the race is on, just dont know what trails your using for the race and if those that are not being used will be open. Look forward to a good trip and thanks for the info.
Dwayne

Olaf

Supporting Member
The course isn't set yet but all of the trails will closed on Saturday April 7th during the race because of safety concerns. The course won't cover all of the trails but it will cover portions of most of the trails. It's safer if we don't have vehicles creating cross traffic. Thank you for your understanding.

I will update this notice once I have the course route.

jeepers

Olaf it was a few years ago im not sure who it was, but i know it was with a few of the owners of BFE i think you was there we all child at a condo in moab and had a few beers good times you are good people

Olaf

Supporting Member
Change in schedule...Apologies but no movie night this year! Too big of an expense for this year with everything else so we'll look at doing it next year!

SPY

***Cross posted from EJS 2012***

Olaf, should we find you when we roll in and see if there is a spot for us?We will be rolling in on Thurs. afternoon the 5th and are going to try to get a spot in the lower lot thru Sunday. We have a gooseneck with 2 buggies and a GP medium tent. We will be helping a few race teams so it would be nice to be camped close by.
TIA
Justin