Old Off-Roader

OFFROVN

Hello there,
I am new to this site, but not to the world. I've been around the sun 52 times and down a 4X4 trail a time or two.
I don't think I can be described as an extreme wheeler any more, but I can appreciate what you guys/gals do. Years ago I was the director of a large 4X4 club in So. California (Santa Ana Chrysler/Jeep Adventurer's Club) I moved to Utah in '95. My wife gets very upset when I go "wheeling" alone, (please no lectures) so here I am, hoping to meet some fun, but sane, wheelers. I drive a '97 Land Rover Disco I, with all the toys.....F&R lockers, winch, lift, rack, etc. My "drug of choice" is commomly refered to as "expedition wheeling" where as I enjoy overnight/multi-day adventures ending up as far from any pavement as possible. My goal is returning home, NOT seeing how much damage I can accrue on a trip. My rig known as "The Queen's Tractor" carries plates that read "OFFROVN" and always has part of it's cargo area reserved for malt beverages from Canada. I spent 30 years in the automotive industry, mainly auto body, and have turned a screw or two on a few cars and trucks.
I hope to get to meet some like minded wheelers for some fun trips.

Tom

sixstringsteve

welcome Tom. I'd love to learn from your experience. Hopefully we get to run a trail together soon. Keep your eye on the "upcoming wheeling trips" section to find other people to wheel with.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Welcome, I too came to Utah from California in 1996 and am 81 years young. Belonged to "The Rough Wheelers" out of Redondo Beach and "Scouts West" out of Placentia. You have come to the right forum for trips and 4x4 stuff.

Welcome on behalf of RME and the U4WDA.
Be sure to read all the instructions in "Introductions & using the Forum".

U4WDA believes the four wheeling community is best served by:
1. Education thru the use of classes, pamphlets, and films to teach responsible conservation.
2. Use Auto Dealerships and suppliers for the distribution of information.
3. Support Utah Counties in obtaining Quiet Claims to roads within their jurisdiction.
4. Stays informed and work closely with all Government Agencies and local law enforcement.
5. Where practical uses peer pressure to keep OHV use within the law.
6. Inform local agencies and law enforcement of illegal OHV use.

We promote the following: BRC/UFWDA: National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
USA-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
BRC:- National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
Usa-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All & BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
http://delalbright.com/index2.html

http://www.sharetrails.org/recreation-toolkit

http://www.nohvcc.org/education/education.asp
http://www.u4wda.org
http://www.usaall.org

OFFROVN

For the record....I did my growin' up in a small 3 stop sign town just north of Niagara Falls NY, known as Lewiston. I moved to CA when I was 26 and then to Utah when I was 35.

Thanks everyone!!! Just a few fine tune tweaks on my suspension and brakes a we're ready. Fuel, food and beer purchases are subject to approval by the CEO (That ain't me)
I Hope to see you out on the trails very soon!!!

@ ZJames... ROFPMP (rolling on floor peeing my pants) BTW: My Gems is lovingly refered to as the "Gutless Wonder" and the "wonder" is for: Wonder which trouble code will be next? LOL

zukijames

HahHahah that just made my night.. I'll see if I can get a sticker (gutless wonder) made for you lol
For the record....I did my growin' up in a small 3 stop sign town just north of Niagara Falls NY, known as Lewiston. I moved to CA when I was 26 and then to Utah when I was 35.

Thanks everyone!!! Just a few fine tune tweaks on my suspension and brakes a we're ready. Fuel, food and beer purchases are subject to approval by the CEO (That ain't me)
I Hope to see you out on the trails very soon!!!

@ ZJames... ROFPMP (rolling on floor peeing my pants) BTW: My Gems is lovingly refered to as the "Gutless Wonder" and the "wonder" is for: Wonder which trouble code will be next? LOL

OFFROVN

WOW! I am sorry for the disappearing act, I lost my link to the site. Today is my Birthday and I received a Birthday wish from this site.....:)

With spring on its way (not that I need to wait for spring and actually enjoy winter wheeling.

Anyway, I am now going to support this site and sign up as a premium member. ....and try to figure out how to put a larger pic on my avitar

Again, thank you fopr the welcome comments and please accept my apologies for dropping the ball.....:eek: ;)