Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Trailer is gone, it went with the T-Rex. Turbosniper is building a massive tow rig called "the Black Plague" it will pull the T-Rex with the Trailer.

As for me, since I am just going to be pulling a jeep I am getting Turbosniper's old smaller trailer and yes, I could downsize my camper. My wife would like to get a Ram 5500 4x4 dually with a camper ( home built of course) and that would increase our fuel mileage. But those trucks are expensive and we put a lot of work in our GMC expedition camper and that camper is very nice. SO we will stick with the current camper despite its poor fuel mileage. 7-38654904120_large.jpg38654904128_large.jpg184156_2086984187299_1626015236_2014675_2015085_n.jpg10 mpg is not too bad, my friends 2009 Power Stroke get 11mpg so I cant complain about my big beast(see attached photo):

LT.

Not to doubt your tow rig selection or anything but, why a 5500 Dodge? I would think a 3500 would be more than enough again. And in all honesty I prefered my last Cummins for some things over my new one. The old one with the manual tranny was nicer for towing especially around rolling hills and in town. The older 5.9 Cummins was a real power house and could do everything I wanted to do. The real weakness was speed and comfort.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
That is my color..... Dang that looks nice.

Most of all the parts are in. Brackets, steel tube, joints(not the type you smoke), Drop box, Rims, tires, Rear bumper is almost complete, and axles are being completed at Ventures Truck parts here in Ogden.

Pictures coming soon.

I start stripping down the Jeep this weekend.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK, parts are almost all here. Got the new tire, These are sweet. Got seven of them...hee hee....:D

DSCF8381.jpg

look at these beauties from balistic.

DSCF8383.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Now here is the cool part. The guys at Ventures Truck parts have scored the coolest things. The bought hundreds of the these axles that were built by Dana for industrial / military purposes, yet they were never used. So they got these axles as brand new salvage. The axles are Dana 60s that are lighter due to an axle tube that is not quite as big around as a regular Dana 60, they are only 60 inch wide (jeep width) and they have these monsterous axle shafts. 35 spline, disk brakes, then detroit lockers. And the prices is really good.
DSCF8377.jpgDSCF8372.jpgDSCF8371.jpg

E-locker for the front which is going to be a high pinion 44. 4.56 gears all the way around. Here you see the Ventures truck guys installing the lockers. Pictures coming with the disk brakes on.

I started plulling the armor off the Jeep and this Thursday Alex Gertch and I will pull the body and then the fun will begin.

Last edited: