1983 Toyota Truck Short bed SR5 - Original and high optioned First Gen 4WD - Extras!

themule

Expedition Equipped
I hate to do this, and it's taken me years to loosen my grip off this awesome truck! I have owned this for about 7 years, bought it from a guy off here in fact. Originally sold in California and migrated to Oregon before being brought to Utah by a military guy. This truck is rust free, cab is basically perfect except a little sun fade on the hood. This has every option you could possibly get on the last year of the first gen pick ups; Power steering, Air conditioning, tilt and remove sunroof (all factory). This little truck has been nothing but good to me, never skipped a beat, it's just one of those completely stock, unmolested, never dicked with rigs that just runs and runs and runs without complaints. It is 100% stock under the hood, every emission piece, every stock component, and it shows in how it starts, runs and drives. Coldest day of the year, get in pump it, fire it, it warms up perfectly, hit the throttle again and the elec choke comes right off and idles smooth. It has the legendary 22R, and an upgraded W56 tranny which makes a huge improvement over the L52 that originally came in the 83s. This is a jump in and drive, daily driver as it has been for me for the last 7 years. It needs nothing and is ready to roll! Optima red top battery, BudBuilt crossmember, good Michelin tires. Here are a few things I've done in the last month just to make sure it is good to go for the next owner: New fuel pump, flushed all coolant and replaced with new, new oil and filter, new air filter.

I have been long dreaming of a resto/mod upgrade for this truck and have hoarded a mass of parts to do so. Everything I have is all you need to make this truck awesome! Here is what I have to go with this truck: (4) NEW never installed Old Man Emu Dakar 2.5" lift springs with bushings and heavy duty shackles. 2 rust free beds, 2 extra doors, 3 tailgates, extra hood, 2 fenders including an OEM genuine Toyota fender and door skin still in factory cardboard. 20R head for engine, carburetor, plus just a ton of small odds n ends.

I need to move on and sell to finish funding my Land Cruiser build. So here's the deal... it's all or none, everything must go, truck and all parts. I am pricing this honestly and not entertaining offers. I am not one to start high and hope to screw someone, I just want what it's worth with all of the extras. I can help deliver all of the parts if you need me to. I want someone who appreciates and knows this iconic truck needs a good future, that's why I am starting on RME!

$2500

*This is NOT a Natural Gas Vehicle, its just a decal!

Located in Morgan, Utah
801-540-1300 Call, text, PM, email

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2766.jpg
    IMG_2766.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2760.jpg
    IMG_2760.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Someone talk me out of this thing. I don't need it. My current rig is fantastic and everything I need... I'm having a tough time resisting this one.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
You just got rid of your sas truck because it wasn't what you wanted/needed. It definitely wouldn't be as comfortable on the fire roads, or any trail for that matter. You're going to hate me for putting this wacky idea in your head but you could build an ifs 1st gen. :eek: plenty of people are throwing out their Ifs parts and then it would be exactly what you want/need. At least for a few weeks.

sixstringsteve

It definitely wouldn't replace my current rig...

This would be cool to keep pretty stock. 4.7's in the t-case, aussie locker, 31-33" tires.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I'd buy this if I could, Steve, no reason for you not to if you want it and can afford it. It'd make a kick-ass daily driver/utility truck, keeping the miles off your '97 and giving you access to a bed without removing your shell and camping setup. No reason to build it up, just drive it.

sixstringsteve

I'd buy this if I could, Steve, no reason for you not to if you want it and can afford it. It'd make a kick-ass daily driver/utility truck, keeping the miles off your '97 and giving you access to a bed without removing your shell and camping setup. No reason to build it up, just drive it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The perfect rig for hauling the dirt bikes around.

Seeing this rig doesn't help the bad thoughts go away...especially with a rubicon trip coming up this fall...
83.JPG

Honestly, if I can sell the civic, I'll jump on it. that's a big IF though. Hopefully somebody buys it before me, then I won't have to worry about it.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
You're lucky you're so short and can fit in those comfortably. I would have another if I didn't have to steer with my knees the whole time. You'll need some celica seats for it though.

sixstringsteve

I'd love this little truck but it's not in the cards for me right now. Gordon, she is all yours.

Last edited: