Trailer axle ?

ae1beb20-8cb7-42a1.jpg

will i be able to just undo the u bolts and flip the axle and the u bolts and leafs and get a taller trailer ? i've never dealt much with trailers like this .. any input or insight is welcome and appreciated . thanks all

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Many (most?) trailer axles are bent slightly from the factory, so they make a frowny face. If you just flip it, it'll be smiling--which is the shape they take when they get bent from overloading.

The "right" way to do it is to buy new spring perches, weld them on top of the axle, then reassemble. The axle itself stays the same orientation it is now, just with the springs on top now.

my axle it most likley gheto fab its straight 3" pipe and the trailer will be hauling yard waste and a fourwheeler from tie to time and i dont have access to a welder at the moment . any sugestions ? thanks carl :)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If it really is straight, and there's no brakes (to worry about the wiring), then there shouldn't be any reason flipping it over wouldn't be just fine. :cool:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I agree.. just flip the sucker. Make sure the spring center bolts hit the hole in the perch and you are good to go