Thank you RME

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
For not being lame.

I just joined a honda civic forum since I bought Steves car and they have a really lame points based level system for people to see how awesome you are based on various statistics like post count and just weird stupid crap. Seriously the list of things you can get points for is just stupid. They even have awards and achievements like it is a stupid xbox game. I won't call out which forum since they do have a lot of good info and don't want to get banned by bashing them.

I really just wanted to say thank you for being such a laid back place to share and just be.

sixstringsteve

haha, have fun on the honda forums. The only one that's worse is customtacos. On the flip side, there is more info on civics than just about any other vehicle.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
You aren't kidding about how much info there is Steve. By the way I got the clutch done, which wasn't the culprit, actually the clutch look good aside from a little bit of weird looking wear. Gonna start trouble shooting tomorrow to see if I could track down the problem. I also hooked up that other computer and the car did not like it one bit.

sixstringsteve

dang, I'm sorry about that. Well, now you have a new clutch. RIck told me that the computer came from the car originally. I wonder if I blew it on the jumper and I jumped the wrong terminals. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, so it must be something else.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Hey no worries Steve, I'll get it figured out. I almost didn't swap the clutch but I figured since I was in there I might as well.

ricsrx

the old computer is the original from the car and worked it was just throwing the Auto trans codes or lack of an auto.
Let me know if you have any questons i can help you with.
Rick

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
the old computer is the original from the car and worked it was just throwing the Auto trans codes or lack of an auto.
Let me know if you have any questons i can help you with.
Rick

Appreciate it. Steve did something to fool the computer into thinking it had a manual and it didn't work. When I plugged it in the tach went nuts and it threw all sorts of codes and the engine went nuts. No big deal though.

On the bright side i checked the timing which was off a little, then I check the plugs and the gap was crazy. Fixed the timing and the gap now it runs great. So all it needs is a tune up and I'll do the timing belt and water pump.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Any car can be fun. I could even make my wifes Nissan Sentra fun. Even if it can't get out of it's own way.

I'm thinking of adding stripes to the Honda so it looks like a race car.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I honestly don't think there is any way for those guys to corrupt me. So far I really don't like the forum I chose since they don't seem to like to answer questions at all.