RC hobby shops in Salt Lake

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So I've been watching KSL for a deal, and haven't been quick enough on the good sales. I think at this point I'm going to just get the little man a gift certificate to a local hobby shop that stocks the Axials and Traxxas and such. Looking for a shop with lots of stock on the shelves for boogerface to go nuts over and a guy behind the counter willing to put up with questions, and I'd rather it was in the valley. Where is good?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I like West Valley hobbies on 5400 S just west of redwood. There is another good one in sandy with lots of stock, on the frontage road Canyon Hobby 9611 S 500 W. Canyon is big online retailer I believe the website is R/C planet. Definitely more of a big commercial feel. I like to support the smaller shop in Taylorsville, but if you for sure want stuff in stock the Canyon Hobby is a good place, they have a giant warehouse

Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I have always had good luck with west Valley Hobbies http://www.wvhobbies.com/ Don't remember his name but there is a RME'r that works there too... Is boogerface going to race at the Raceway in Magna? They are pretty good there, you may want to go over and watch some races with him too if you haven't yet.

Kevin B.

Yeah, he saw the guys racing out there when we were on a bike ride this summer and decided he needs some of that. I don't know how much he's going to like competing, I suspect he'll just enjoy bashing it around with his friends. But we'll take him out there at least a couple times once he's set up.

Kevin B.

Are you looking for nitro ??

Boogerface is seven. I need something relatively inexpensive, and he needs an all-rounder that he can bash around in whatever terrain we happen to find ourselves in, something he can repair when he breaks it, something he can waste his allowance on buying new bodies and parts and such, and something upgradable if he decides to keep it as a hobby as he gets older. I've been looking for a good deal on a new or used entry level Axial, but I'm not picky. If a Nitro fits the bill then we'll look at those too.

Last edited:

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Ryan at WVHobbies is on here now and again. THey carry plenty of Traxxas and Arial stuff. If they don't have it, they can get it quick. And all the parts your 7 year old can break will be available for Traxxas. Are you looking for a a basic beater truck? Traxxas Rustler isn't quite race ready, but will be a good starter truck, the short course trucks can be had in 4x2 and 4x4. For a kid, I'd suggest NOT getting the brushless motors or you will be breaking parts. For you, the brushless motors are wicked fast right out of the box. Think 30+ MPH...

Coco

Its been said, WVH is the hobby shop for SLC.

As a side note, Low Range Off-Road is now a carrier for Axial RCs, and we are planning on carrying more RC vehicles and parts.