Archived Jeep Safari 2013 plans?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm a trail gunner on Hells Revenge on the first Sat, and Poison Spider on Sunday. (need to get with Linda about Elephant Hill on Tues) Looks like I'm free on Monday and Wednesday. Not sure if I'll stay longer than that or not?

I'm a trail gunner on Hells Revenge on the first Sat, and Poison Spider on Sunday. (need to get with Linda about Elephant Hill on Tues) Looks like I'm free on Monday and Wednesday. Not sure if I'll stay longer than that or not?

HR on Sat
GS on Sun
EH on Tues

Typically work the U4 booth on Friday.

Matt will be bringing his YJ down. I need to start a "what to do" thread on it. But anyway, we'll probably wanna go run a couple moderate trails.

Bart

HR on opening Saturday. Not sure of the rest of the week, but I plan to be there all week this year. Just need to find a place to drop my camper now that I have to tow everywhere.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Sounds like I need to get signed up for Hell Revenge on the First Saturday so I can hang with the cool kids again. ;)

the new little one will be about 6 months old so it will be a mild trip and probably a hotel stay. :)

Team1k

HR on Sat
Matt will be bringing his YJ down. I need to start a "what to do" thread on it. But anyway, we'll probably wanna go run a couple moderate trails.

:eek: Are we talking about Matt H? (not sure if posting a last name is good etiquette)
Stretched YJ, V8 magnum, etc...

mbryson

Supporting Member
:eek: Are we talking about Matt H? (not sure if posting a last name is good etiquette)
Stretched YJ, V8 magnum, etc...

Matt is Brett's kid that has a YJ. Matt H is usually there in his grocery getter, though. You have to think in Brett's first person to get where he's coming from :D

I put down for Elephant Hill on Tues and Kane Creek (never ran it) on Thursday. Probably head home after that?

Team1k

Ahh, ok. I was about to get irritated that Matt H. got his jeep completely done and i didnt get to help out.

Matt is Brett's kid that has a YJ. Matt H is usually there in his grocery getter, though. You have to think in Brett's first person to get where he's coming from :D

I put down for Elephant Hill on Tues and Kane Creek (never ran it) on Thursday. Probably head home after that?

Team1k

Current plans are ill be down there March 23-31st. This will be my first time going to the safari so im not really sure what to expect, trails to run, etc... i think i will only do the paid runs on 2 days, maybe 3, and the rest of the time just run whatever. Thats where ill probably need help since i know they tend to shutdown trails that are in use, or so ive heard. Love to do a few runs with RME'rs again.

Current plans are ill be down there March 23-31st. This will be my first time going to the safari so im not really sure what to expect, trails to run, etc... i think i will only do the paid runs on 2 days, maybe 3, and the rest of the time just run whatever. Thats where ill probably need help since i know they tend to shutdown trails that are in use, or so ive heard. Love to do a few runs with RME'rs again.

What days are you gonna do RR4W runs?

Team1k

I havent decided yet, but with registration starting on the 22nd(i think) i wanted to see what others were planning and build my schedule off that.

Bart

You should join us on Hell's Revenge opening Saturday. Matt, Maverick (Brett), and MBryson (Marc) are the leaders and gunners. We have a good time.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I don't think my buggy will be done in time, so ill be out there a few days kickin around on the no-body-damage trails with the wifes Rubicon. Ill keep an eye out for some unofficial group runs when the time gets closer.

mattyj

UT rookie
Does anyone know if you are able to drive a non street registered buggy with any of RR4W lead trails? Obviously i would trailer to the trail head, but i heard something about needing insurance for when you are on the trails with them?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Does anyone know if you are able to drive a non street registered buggy with any of RR4W lead trails? Obviously i would trailer to the trail head, but i heard something about needing insurance for when you are on the trails with them?

That's one of the things the officials are supposed to verify. Compliance with UT law. No one will be doing an actual Utah State Safety inspection, but there's some verbage somewhere in the trail paperwork that states that vehicles should be production based. "Buggy" type vehicles are strongly discouraged through the permit if I'm not mistaken (I was trying to find the verbage but it might be in the paper?---I don't see it in my volunteer stuff). The RR4W volunteers are strongly encouraged to not risk the permit and be as compliant as possible.