1997 Toyota RegCab 4x4 5-speed

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
An elderly gentleman in my neighborhood is preparing to sell his truck. When he first mentioned this a couple of months ago, I eagerly told him I might know somebody who would want to buy it (full disclosure: I was thinking specifically of sixstringsteve). Yesterday he told me the time is drawing near. He is moving to London (England) the first week of March, so he wants to unload his truck toward the end of February.

His son bought it brand new. About four years later, that son had a child and the truck no longer fit his family... so his father bought it from him and has owned it all the while. It has 160k miles, looks good and seems to run flawlessly (I have ridden in it a few times). He told me he is hoping to get $5800 for it.

(Please note: I have no dog in this fight. I won't receive a penny when/if he sells it. I am merely trying to help a friend and perhaps make someone on RME happy as well. I'll pass on his contact info to anyone who is seriously interested.)

On to the photos:

wadetoy1.jpg

wadetoy2.jpg

wadetoy3.jpg

It has the 2.7L engine:
wadetoy4.jpg

If anyone wants other information about it, just say the word. I'll help out any way I can.

sixstringsteve

I was just telling a friend today how much I miss my old single cab. I absolutely love these rigs. They're so light, nimble, reliable, and the ifs holds up surprisingly well if you treat it right.

cackalak

Do you know if this has been in any accidents? And do you the maintenance history? I think 2.7's are pretty solid, other than the occasional exh manifold cracking.

Is it best to contact the guy directly? I'll PM you my info.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I spoke to my friend tonight, and he said he struck a deal with somebody. They're giving him a deposit now, and he'll actually transfer ownership near the end of February.

FYI