Archived I signed up for official trail runs, but don't know where/when to meet

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
About a month ago, I registered online at the RR4W web site for the following official runs:

Tues 26th: Elephant Hill
Wed 27th: Steel Bender
Thur 28th: Kane Creek

I received my email confirmation of these registrations, so I know I'm all set.

Even though I've never been to a Safari before, I understand each run has an official (and I presume unique) meeting spot and time where that run's participants gather before heading out at the appointed hour in one long caravan. I figured I would eventually receive this info from RR4W, but here it is only four days before I drive down and I still have received nothing. A couple days ago I went to the RR4W site and submitted a 'contact us' request for this information, but haven't heard anything from that, either. If it weren't for the fact that they took my money, I'd think I wasn't going to be part of the safari at all.

I'm getting concerned. Can somebody out there tell me when and where I am supposed to meet for these runs? Anybody? Please?

kellerexpress

This will be my first year doing official runs as well. I haven't heard anything either so after some digging this is what I found out . (someone else chime in if Im wrong please)
As far as I can tell the website said to show up at the old Spanish trail area 3 miles south of town between 7-9am for registration. Bring your receipt. There we will receive a trail flag, plaque, raffle tickets, and all your info such as starting times, meeting place ect.

mattyj

UT rookie
You can go on to RR4W web site and view the EJS program/newspaper it has the meeting times & locations (with map) in it. Or cruise out to the Spanish Trials Arena south of town & pick up a paper from the RR4W reception/check in/trail office.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This will be my first year doing official runs as well. I haven't heard anything either so after some digging this is what I found out . (someone else chime in if Im wrong please)
As far as I can tell the website said to show up at the old Spanish trail area 3 miles south of town between 7-9am for registration. Bring your receipt. There we will receive a trail flag, plaque, raffle tickets, and all your info such as starting times, meeting place ect.

This....

You can go on to RR4W web site and view the EJS program/newspaper it has the meeting times & locations (with map) in it. Or cruise out to the Spanish Trials Arena south of town & pick up a paper from the RR4W reception/check in/trail office.

Or this....

....As far as I can tell the website said to show up at the old Spanish trail area 3 miles south of town between 7-9am for registration. Bring your receipt. There we will receive a trail flag, plaque, raffle tickets, and all your info such as starting times, meeting place ect.

....but this is what I've done and has worked for me

Yup, good info above. Just go to the arena and check in. You'll want to be there at 6:59 on Tuesday, since Elephant Hill leaves at 8.

The Safari paper has everything in it that you will need. Most trails start lining up at 8, leave at 9. Elephant Hill and Golden Spike leave earlier, at 8am.

http://www.rr4w.com/online-mag.cfm

Elephant Hill departs from the lot in front of Nation's Towing at 8am on Tuesday.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Awesome. I hadn't found the link to the online newspaper until now. I'll be sure to print out a few pertinent pages from it tomorrow.

Thanks, guys.

kellerexpress

9411f34386c6634d5e21dfd2c3e7bffc_zpsb53107a3.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 3

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
the website said to show up at the old Spanish trail area 3 miles south of town between 7-9am for registration.

I searched the web site for this, but couldn't find it. My question is: can we register the night before? Or are we required to go to the registration area each day for that day's trail run?

rockmike

it will all become real clear once your there,the safari newspaper is an awsome production everything is in there that ya need as far as info.last year was my first EJS I had lots of questions lol enjoy the safari,man I had a blast last year doin the EJS thanks Redrock 4wheelers!