Local greater SLC carb rebuilder?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My wife's KE100 needs some carb work/tuning. I've fiddled with it a bit out on the trail but honestly don't have the time or patience to pull it off, rebuild it and tune it. It will fire up and run but you can't get the RPM's up without leaving the choke partially engaged. Anyone recommend a shop or carb builder looking for a small cash project?

rholbrook

That's about as simple as a carb gets. Bring me the bike next week and I will just do it for you. Unfortunately, I am still in SG this week but will be home Friday

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sweet, I'm going to be tinkering with it tomorrow and I'll update with exactly what it's doing... All I recall is that it doesn't run :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bump? :D

Her bike hasn't moved since this post but I doubt the carb fixed itself. Still up for taking a peek at it Russ?

So perhaps they do fix themselves. I pulled the battery last night, charged it up and tossed it back in this afternoon. A couple of kicks with the choke and she fired right up. I drove it around the block a couple of time (mind you on 2-3 year old fuel) and it warmed up and started running nice with the choke off. I got brave and drove it over to the gas station to put some fresh fuel in it. It ran great!

I'm not holding my breath but I think I'll ride it around this weekend and see if it stays running :D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Gas going bad is a myth. In fact it just the opposite. Just like wiskey, it only gets better with age.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Kurt, if the carb was working fine before sitting and you still want to clean it without taking it all the way apart, I'd highly recommend the Pine Sol dunk. Pull the carb bowl off, sink the carb in a 50/50 mix of Pine Sol and water (I use a 5 gallon bucket) and let it sit for 2-3 days. Agitate it a couple times while it's soaking, then after 2-3 days blow it all out with air, clean with carb cleaner and put it back together. Pine Sol is safe for all the gaskets, rubber and plastic parts. You don't have to take apart the whole carb and it'll clean it very well. It works great, I've used it on motorcycle carbs and vehicle carbs! It's super easy, simple and takes little time.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, if the carb was working fine before sitting and you still want to clean it without taking it all the way apart, I'd highly recommend the Pine Sol dunk. Pull the carb bowl off, sink the carb in a 50/50 mix of Pine Sol and water (I use a 5 gallon bucket) and let it sit for 2-3 days. Agitate it a couple times while it's soaking, then after 2-3 days blow it all out with air, clean with and carb cleaner and put it back together. Pine Sol is safe for all the gaskets, rubber and plastic parts. You don't have to take apart the whole carb and it'll clean it very well. It works great, I've used it on motorcycle carbs and vehicle carbs! It's super easy, simple and takes little time.

Sweet, I may try that. I pulled the side cover of the motor today which allows access to the carb. It's all really clean. Apparently I had turned of the fuel and drained the carb when I parked it?