The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

sixstringsteve

This thread is for all things car (non 4x4). Did you do a mod you want to show off? Looking for something in particular? Interested in racing? Going on a scenic drive? Post up.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Scenic drive/picinc tonight: Nebo Loop

Who? Anyone who wants to come, no matter what you drive, though the road will favor cars that like the twisties.

When: Tonight, 7/14/13. Meet at Cabelas at 6PM (or Meet at mouth of Payson canyon at 6:40 PM).

What to bring: Vehicle, loved ones, and a picnic dinner. Bring fishing poles if you want to do some quick fishing.

Details: We will be driving the Nebo Loop and having a picnic dinner at Payson Lakes. Leave Cabelas at 6 PM, arrive at Payson Canyon at 6:40 PM. Eat dinner at payson lakes around 7:00. Hang out for 45 min or so at the Lakes. Continue on and finish the Nebo Loop to return home via Nephi. I expect to arrive at Nephi around 9 or 9:30 PM.

Here's the Nebo Loop:
[map]https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S+3200+W&daddr=39.8621524,-111.6935186+to:UT-132+W+to:UT-132+W&hl=en&ll=39.885504,-111.64032&spn=0.990534,2.406006&sll=39.720755,-111.804171&sspn=0.031029,0.075188&geocode=Fdw2YwId-BlX-Q%3BFYg_YAIdMrFX-SmtySdaE61NhzFqIDUxoT8gUw%3BFTDxXQIdpNNV-Q%3BFYPxXQIdwdRV-Q&t=p&gl=us&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1&z=10[/map]

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

'99 beater... blue...103k... Torsen diff.. 5 speed...and it isn't red or yellow. :) I need a new top, and I'd like to put a roll bar in it soon. Clear coat peeling, dings all over, and it was smoked in. The price was right, and it's a blast to drive.

IMG_20130712_194043_552.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
So do you need a tool bar for racing or do you want a roll bar because its a convertible? What type of racing do you want to do? Is it on dirt or pavement? I'd like to know more about the racing.

sixstringsteve

If you want to take your car on the track (to race or just drive), you either need a hard top or a roll bar.

I don't have the time to race competitively but I would like to learn how to drive track better.

I have autocrossed in the past and I expect to continue to autocross in the future. I don't need a roll bar for autocross.

For now, I plan on attending wide open Wednesday this august. If i don't have a roll bar by then, i will only be able to drive on the autocross course.

I don't have any plans to race on dirt.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Steve, when you get ready for the roll bar I know a guy that might have a used one kicking around, and pretty much any other parts you need for the car. Have fun on the drive today, we would join but my wife is making some kind of Mediterranean pork roast for dinner. But I do need to get the Miata out more than I do.

sixstringsteve

Sweet thanks. Ping him and see if he would sell it. I need one that works with a glass rear window. I'd rather have good visibility than double diagonal supports.

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
I am partial to drag racing.

Single cylinder flathead putting out 47hp @ 8000rpm... Pushes a 475lb package to 7.90 sec @ 81mph in the 1/8th mile.... My daughter drives it.June 8th.jpg

lhracing

Drag racing for me too, open road racing also.

Attachments

• 20 x 33 resize-75.jpg
    20 x 33 resize-75.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 22
  • camaro.jpg
    camaro.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Caleb

I love your white Camaro Lane. :cool:

I have a 2012 GTI that's a pretty quick little car, it was fun for a little while. I got bored with it so now my wife drives it and I got me a truck again (2013 Tacoma) :D

blznnp

that camaro is awesome lhracing, I am hoping to pick one up, 68, to start building up unless I can find one for a decent price with the right set up in a year or so.