Managing your Premium Member & Vendor subscriptions

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey guys & gals,

We've had some issues with the automatic payments for Premium Members, just wanted to discuss managing your Premium Member and Vendor subscriptions.

While we do like getting financial support from our Members to help pay for hosting costs, pay for stickers, etc... we don't want the need for financial support to feel forced. Both Herzog and I have done our best to keep the ads on RME low key and unobtrusive, but still want to do our best to provide a place for Vendors on RME. There's a fine line there, IMO and I think we've done pretty well with managing it.

If you've followed this link https://www.rme4x4.com/account/upgrades and used PayPal or a credit card (secure via Stripe) to pay for a subscription, then you've signed up for an automatic reoccurring payment, 12 months from the day you started. We are able to refund over-payments, but cannot 'request' that money is taken from members PayPal accounts.

If using PayPal, you can manage your Premium Member or Vendor subscription thru your PayPal account, click on 'Profile', click on 'My Money' then look for 'My preapproved payments'. On the right, you need to click 'Update' and you will be able to see what subscriptions you have running currently, have cancelled, etc.

https://www.paypal.com/home

If you don't want to use PayPal, we do have other options, here- http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?22078-Want-to-donate-but-don-t-use-PayPal

Hopefully this helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
but.. PAYPAL IS HARD!!!! heh

I like recurring payments. They keep me from missing my yearly contribution to the very smooth operation of RME. woot!

Kevin B.

Big hippy
So, the RME robot sent me an email telling me to cough up $20 or else, and was worded like the recurring Paypal was an option. Since I don't normally choose automatic deductions like that and didn't know it was automatically recurring, it made sense to me to send you another $20. You should probably reword that email to indicate that if you've paid with Paypal it's automatically recurring, else I'm likely to send you an extra $20 next year too. :)

Greg

Admin
So, the RME robot sent me an email telling me to cough up $20 or else, and was worded like the recurring Paypal was an option. Since I don't normally choose automatic deductions like that and didn't know it was automatically recurring, it made sense to me to send you another $20. You should probably reword that email to indicate that if you've paid with Paypal it's automatically recurring, else I'm likely to send you an extra $20 next year too. :)

Interesting, and chance you could send me a copy of the email? I think the issue becomes the vBulletin software working with PayPal, they're requesting 2 different things... the forum is requesting you renew, but if you paid thru PayPal it's automatic.

I just tried to sign up, but since I'm using the same account it won't let me. :D I'll look into it on the back end.

Greg

Admin
Bump! Had another member with 2 subscriptions running at once... make sure you're not paying 2x! Although we do appreciate the additional support! ;)