04 Grand Cherokee fix or sell?

Houndoc

My daughter's 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo is putting me in a bind.

Last fall we did some front end work which up until this weekend had ended her death wobble issue (I think work was limited to steering dampener and upper and lower ball joints at that point.)

She has a pretty significant death wobble episode last Friday. Shop is talking about a pretty long list of repairs (tie rod ends, track bar, steering gear and steering pump (we have known its steering is pretty darn stiff, especially with right turns, so some of that may be related to that instead of the death wobble- she is the one so far handling the communications.)

My dilemma is this: she leaves on her mission next month and the Jeep is going up for sale as soon as she leaves.

Do we spend upwards of $1,000 to get and then sell versus selling with some known problems?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
WJs are ridiculously notorious for the wobbles of death, and there's no guarantee that the $1000 repair bill will even fix it. I've seen people throw much more money than that away and still not fix the issue.

Sell it.

Houndoc

I like it when everyone has the same thoughts!

Now, any ideas on starting asking price? I would have to check, but I think is in the 170-180K miles range.

Rock Taco

I like it when everyone has the same thoughts!

Now, any ideas on starting asking price? I would have to check, but I think is in the 170-180K miles range.

I sold my 01 about a year and a half ago for 3500. It only had 118k and it was a limited. No tears in the seats and only one small dent in the rear bumper where Mesha's fence attacked it