10 years ago TODAY on RME!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I thought this would be fun to share and reminisce.

A little over 10 years ago Kiel, Wayne Hartwig and Marcus (Goat on here I think) ran into a group of people on Waynes World and after chatting for awhile, told them they should join RME. Of that group, Kami was the only person to actually join.

A couple weeks after that she posts a question about her Jeep and says her boyfriend wasn't around anymore to help her with it. Creeper that I am :rofl: sent her a message (10 years ago today), offering to help get her Jeep back up and running and I also invited her out wheeling the next weekend. We had planned to go up AFC the following Saturday but it wasn't open yet. I didn't find out until right before we were supposed to go, so I offered to take her out to dinner instead (again, creeper I know). I knew nothing about this girl besides that she was single, around my age and was into Jeeps.

Turns out we ended up being pretty compatible :D We were married 7 months later in the Jordan River LDS Temple. Shortly after that we sold both of our Jeeps and bought a pretty sweet 2000 TJ. We still have what's left of it. In these 10 years we graduated together (undergrads in Accounting), bought and sold a few homes, developed solid careers, gone on some awesome vacations, a ton of hiking/mountain biking, had our twin girls, and generally just lived our lives how we want to live them. In the last 2 years especially we have focused even more on placing priority on time over $ which led to us moving to our dream spot in Southern Utah. Life isn't perfect, but I sure can't imagine anyone I'd rather be with.

RME will always be a special place for me, in addition to the great friends we've made along the way, I wouldn't have met my WIFE if it wasn't for this site :bow:

And here are some recent pics of the outcome:

This is the fam:

attachment.php

Some new jeep projects - it's actually really funny how much they love these things. They want them painted to match Jezebel. Not sure I want to paint them until AFTER they learn the drive them.

attachment.php

Unfortunately our trans died this fall and I'm just barely getting around to wrapping it up. Last time we had her out was Hump n Bump:

attachment.php

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I had no idea you actually met here, I'm fairly sure I've always only known you as a couple. :cool:

I can't see your pics though...am I the only one?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Pics are dead for me too.

Meeting on the trail like that sets a pretty nice precedent for continued off road adventures.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks for sharing Ben! I knew you two met through RME but I didn't know the whole story. That's so awesome.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
You would think after 10 years I would have figured out how to attach pics. Hopefully this fixes it.

Attachments

• hnb (1).jpg
    hnb (1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20160509_083535 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160509_083535 (1).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 87
  • fam (1).jpg
    fam (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 88

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
totally all me!

Indirect matchmaker! I still miss you wheeling the blue sami thing

I had no idea you actually met here, I'm fairly sure I've always only known you as a couple. :cool:

I can't see your pics though...am I the only one?

That doesn't surprise me, we didn't date long :)

Pics are dead for me too.

Meeting on the trail like that sets a pretty nice precedent for continued off road adventures.

It really does, at different points in life we've considered selling our Jeep, but we just can't do it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
One of my favorite RME stories, you're a fortunate man Ben! I've enjoyed watching your family grow, very happy for you & Kami!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Cool Story Ben and Beautiful family. Now you are in Southern Utah we should go hit a trail sometime when OUR jeeps are back up and running. Maybe a night run in a month or two since it is getting hotter.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Also found this gem! This is our first wheeling trip, also the first pic we took together.

attachment.php

Cool Story Ben and Beautiful family. Now you are in Southern Utah we should go hit a trail sometime when OUR jeeps are back up and running. Maybe a night run in a month or two since it is getting hotter.

:rofl: Yes - let's do a night run!

Attachments

• Mineral basin 003.jpg
    Mineral basin 003.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 60

blznnp

awesome story you creeper. congrats on the RME anniversary date. now time to give the twins a lift on their jeeps and put in a 24V system