12v air compressors..

DAA

Found it:

http://www.buzzardgulch.com/page099.htm

Going for $259 now though. Still a solid value in my opinion. I'm running the big ARB dual now, and like it just fine now that it appears the cutting out problem is solved (thanks Kurt!), but it's about twice as much as the Puma but not any better in my opinion. Just know you'll have to use some beefy power leads and a big fuse to run the Puma hard mounted. I now have mine setup with Anderson clips to use in my pickup, I have battery cable terminated with Anderson's inside one of the Ram boxes.

- DAA

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I too run the Puma mounted in back of my JK. 4 years of filling 37's and still going strong. Oddly enough, I too bought through Buzzard Gulch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too run the Puma mounted in back of my JK.

How are you mounting yours? Any pics? Mine is connected via 6ga cable and Anderson connectors, but usually just lays back there until I need to use it. I would really like to hard-mount it (before it bounces into the back of my head).

Thanks

ricsrx

I hate to admit it but my HF junk has been hammering away for a few years mow and doing a very acceptable job, I have had to re solder the fuse holder due to excessive heat

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Are any of these weather resistant at all? I would like to mount one on the UTV, but don't really have a place that never gets wet.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
About a week and a half ago I was out in the desert and I was airing up my 33" tires and on the 4th tire it started stopping for a couple seconds then starting up again for a few seconds then it stopped again and it did this the remainder of the time it took to air up the last tire. The temperature was in the mid 20's and there was some humidity in the air so I assumed the cutting out could be related to that or I thought maybe I had hit the efficiency and it was running hot. So I waited about 20 since I still needed to air up my friend's tires but when I went to air him up it was doing the same thing.

A few days later I was out there again but this time I aired up before it got cold and it performed as it always does, aired up all 4 with no cutting out.

Is this typical behavior in that type of climate or was I experiencing the same issue that Dave had with his ARB?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Thread resurrection..
I purchased an MV50, and have enjoyed it.
I just purchased a second, and am hard wiring it into my truck.
I cut the wires befor I identified the +\-.. which isn't a big deal as the wire has an inline fuse. Long story short, the fuse is on the black clamp line. Obviously black would be negative. Wondering if this was a factory mistake, I pulled out my other mv50. It also has the fuse in line on the negative wire.
The compressor will pump with either wire as positive/negative.. but it comes with fuse on negative.
Any thoughts on why this is done?? It seems awful odd to hook it up with a fuse on negative.