For Sale 1948 Willys CJ2A with Buick V6, 31's, Locker, disc brakes

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Asking Price
$5000
Listing my '48 Willys CJ2a... don't want to, but my job is changing as well as my income, could use the cash. That said, I'm not desperate to sell it and the price IS firm.

Specs;
  • Buick OddFire V6 (160 HP!)
  • Ford Motorcraft 2100 carb with offroad mods
  • T90 3 speed trans
  • Dana 18 t-case
  • Dana 27 front, 5.38 gears, disc brake upgrade using new Jeep/GM parts
  • Dana 41 rear, 5.38 gears, LockRite locker
  • New Disc/Drum master cyl from Kaiser Willys
  • 31" BFG KO All Terrains (Plenty of tread, but older tires)
  • Black 15 x 8 steel wheels
  • Teraflex hand throttle
  • Warn M8000 winch with Masterpull rope and fairlead (have new solenoids for it)
  • Reupholstered stock seats
  • New tie rods & TRE's
  • New battery
  • Recent tune up
  • Rebuilt starter last Spring, it doesn't always engage but still starts eventually.

The body is decent, but it does have some rust in the hat channels underneath. Frame looks solid, leafs and shocks are old, new bump stops, new exhaust with a Flowmaster muffler, fresh fluids all the way around, etc. It runs and drives fine, but could use some turning. The passenger fender could use some work, it's a but loose at the tub.

Seriously, one of the funnest rigs I've ever owned... it's been up Cliffhanger, Moab Rim, the Pickle, Fins & Things, Porcupine Rim, etc. Way capable, makes wheelin challenging and fun. It's reliable enough that you can tool around town, drive around Moab, etc. I've put some decent miles on it cruising around, it's so much fun on the street... gets lots of looks!

Price $5,000
Have a clean title for it.

Located in Grand Junction, CO.

Pics-

i-gTQW3q3-X2.jpg

i-L4HzjTS-X2.jpg

i-SFX7RQS-X2.jpg

i-7Tx6PP8-X2.jpg

i-Sfh5xK8-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Noooooooooooo!!!!?

I seriously love this Flatty, it is SUCH a good jeep. If it has to go Greg, I hope it stays with the RME crowd. I’ll miss seeing it on here otherwise.

I know... it's been so fun to drive and wheel! I'd much rather sell it to someone on here than have to deal with the jackals on FB/CL/Pirate/KSL. If the Crawler project sells first, I'll probably hang on to this thing.

Sorry to see ya selling it. Had a great time on Cliffhanger and Pickle. Very sturdy little rig

That was such a fun trip!

Greg

Admin
And if someone wants builder parts, I have a '66 CJ5 frame, a set of late 70's narrow track axles (Dana 30 and AMC 20), Detroit Locker for the AMC and a GM Dana 44 front.

Might even sell the Vortec 4.3 & 4WD TH350 too.

There's nothing wrong with the frame under the CJ2A, was just going to refresh the thing with a newer frame, better springs and a more modern drivetrain.