1960 Apache C10

XJEEPER

This gem has been in the family since the mid-80's, when my father purchased it from our neighbor, Herb Olsen. It rarely left Morgan County and was used as Herb's primary transportation and as a farm truck. I don't recall ever seeing it travel faster than 40MPH. Prior to my father passing away in 1996, he handed the Apache down to me, but I've not had the time and $$$ to devote to making it my version of roadworthy, nor have I had a place to store it. It has been hanging out in a shed on our family ranch for the past 22 years, protected from the elements but collection copious amounts of dust.

My mother, who still lives on the ranch, once sold it by mistake. Not sure how that mistake was made.....but I'm guessing that it went something like this:

Buyer-Hey, do you want to sell that Chevy truck down by the barn?
Mom- Sure, I'll take $500 for it.
Buyer-(internal evil laughter) Sold!!! Do you have the title?
Mom-Great, I have the title here somewhere...........
Buyer-Great, I'll bring the cash and pick it up tonight and you can let me know when you find the title. (mwahahaha!!)

Or something like that. They were pretty sad when she called them up a week later and informed them that she didn't have title for the white 60 Apache Stepside because it belonged to her son and was not for sale, however, she did find the title for the brown 78 Chevy K20 Longbed, so did they want to buy that one for $1500?

They passed on that swap.:p

The truck has an I-6 (not yet sure which version-likely the 230 CI) and a 4 speed, but my plans are for a more modern powerplant. The engine bay will easily support a big block, but I'll likely stick with a SB and whatever flavor I choose will be FI, as GM powerplant options are vast. An LSx and a T56 would be sweet, but a 4L80E is more likely. The 1960 model comes with torsion bar sprung IFS, but a few years ago I scored the front suspension and crossmember from a 78 C10 that was getting parted out, so I'll have more options for drop spindles, disc brakes, coil springs, etc.

Hope to drag it home soon and make it a roller..........Apache 10.JPGApache grill.JPGApache Speedo.JPGApache tag.JPG

JeeperG

Awesome, you ever want some more inspiration for it come stop by the shop, dad's 59 is sitting outside, it's in worse shape than yours I'm sure but it is registered and driving again.

4554x4

always modifing something
my Blazer has a great running TBI 5.7 in it. Included will be everything from air cleaner to pan, serpintine belt accessories to flexplate, ECM, and wiring. Its a bit underpowered for the heavy one ton Blazer. Soon I will have my LS ready for it.

JeeperG

Seen my dad's truck again today Jeff, I was able to take it out to a few shows last year and as all rusted out and used as that old work truck is, people love it! Strangest thing ever to me. I hope you get to execute your plan for the truck and share its history, people will love that too.
IMG_20200515_170813.jpg