1983 Nissan Patrol *highly modified*

RMP&O

I know first post....a buddy suggested I post my truck on here. So here goes...

1983 Nissan Patrol short wheel base hardtop. This model was never sold in the USA, it was imported from Germany by the original German owner in about 1987. It then lived it's life in SoCal. I bought it in about 2003 and brought up to Wyoming. It is a legal import and I have a clean Wyoming title on the truck.

-SD33 6 cylinder diesel engine, non-turbo but I have a factory turbo for it needing a rebuild

-Nissan 5spd transmission & t-case, fresh rebuilds along with a performance clutch

-Portal-Tek G3 portal axles, 3.0 gear with final ratio of 6.0, RCV axle in front

-Custom built suspension, triangulated 4-link rear and 3-link front with a panhard

-Ballistic 2.5x16" coil over shocks, remote reservoir and piggy back

-Fox 2" air bump stops

-POS full hydraulic steering

-2” 7075 aluminum links and massive rod ends

-Master Craft 3G front seats and Master Craft Rubicon rear bench seat

-Nissan made PTO winch with Masterpull line

-Custom front bar and rear tire carrier plus sliders

-CNC cutting brakes

-Walker Evans 17" bead lock wheels

-Maxxis 40x13.5R17 Creepies, five of them, 90% tread with no bad sidewalls, spare never been on the ground

-3/8" belly skid plate

-Custom drive shafts

-ARB air lockers in both axles

-Wilwood disc brakes all around

-Custom made aluminum fuel cell

-Crow 3" seat belts

And much more!

I have decided to change directions and get rid of all my projects to focus on just a single build. It will be more along the lines of a do it all truck.

I have a factory turbo for the engine that needs a rebuild before using. The last round of build mods on the truck was done in early 2009. Since then the truck has had maybe 1,000 miles put on it. Two long trips and a bunch of day trips.

The body and frame is clean and rust free. The RHS door does have some rock rash. The dash is stock along with the gauges.

Currently the truck needs two batteries (truck is 24v) and a bit of wiring work. The batteries I had for the truck are dead and gone, no more Optimas for me! All it really needs to start and run is two batteries. The motor smokes a bit on start up but after warming up runs well. It does however lack power for this truck with only about 90hp. Slapping the turbo on it would help this a lot.

If you want to do serious rock crawling in this truck it is needs lower gearing. With the stock trans & t-case plus 6.0 in the axles crawl ratio is about 58:1.

Price on the truck "as is" would be $25,000. I am willing to remove the stock engine, 5spd trans and stock t-case plus PTO winch stuff and sell the truck for $22,000. I may be willing to part the truck.

Located in Jackson, Wyoming.

pm me or call three 0 seven six 9 zero 0 five 9 four

tons of pictures at

http://www.rmp-o.com/phpBB3/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=999

massive build thread at...

http://www.rmp-o.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=179

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Lots of video of this truck on my YouTube channel,

http://www.youtube.com/user/PortalPatrol

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Now THAT is awesome!!! I love the Aussie Patrols, GREAT to see one here! I've only ever seen the older ones in the US. AWESOME! Going to EJS??