1985 CJ 7 / LS

FF1350

Hey guys , I'm rebuilding a 1985 Jeep CJ 7 with a Gen 3 LS. I've been working on this project all winter and need some options/opinions for Seats , fender flares, and a roll cage. Are PRP seats worth the money or are there better options? Fender Flares, there aren't a lot of options that I can find. Looking for some ware around 4 inch wide flares. I believe other models can be used but don't know for sure and don't want to cut this body up if I don't have to . For the cage ,I don't have a Tube bender so I've been looking else ware but with little success. Any info to help complete this build would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220422_144410.jpg
    20220422_144410.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 31

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Hey guys , I'm rebuilding a 1985 Jeep CJ 7 with a Gen 3 LS. I've been working on this project all winter and need some options/opinions for Seats , fender flares, and a roll cage. Are PRP seats worth the money or are there better options? Fender Flares, there aren't a lot of options that I can find. Looking for some ware around 4 inch wide flares. I believe other models can be used but don't know for sure and don't want to cut this body up if I don't have to . For the cage ,I don't have a Tube bender so I've been looking else ware but with little success. Any info to help complete this build would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I sell a ton of PRP seats, they are usually a 4-6 week build time before they ship, I also sell alot of corbeau seats and they are usually in stock. We also build alot of custom cages and install quite a few cage kits as well. So if you interested shoot me a PM or call the shop 385-695-6836 Agility Customs

FF1350

Here's some more info, this is just something to have fun with. Not a hard core wheeler I live on the east coast in Virginia Beach, Virginia so Hunting trails ,fishing and driving on the beaches of North Carolina. I had a 1974 CJ5 ,304, 3 speed back in 1980 and it was a blast to own. I had a 4 inch lift on that jeep with 36's and a full cage . I picked this up last summer as a project, it was rough and needed a lot of work. I took it down to the frame, replaced driver and passenger floor pans, rocker panels, windshield frame, sold the 258 inline 6 and the 4 speed , kept the Dana 300 . Installed the 5.3 LS with the 4l60e. It still has the stock axles up front and in the rear ( one piece shafts) and 4:10 gears. Its still spring under with 2.5 inches of lift and 31x15 wheels and tires. I want to go up to 35's when theses need replacing. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20210927_154905.jpg
    20210927_154905.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220423_195222.jpg
    20220423_195222.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 24

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You might want to look into YJ flares. They will require minor trimming of the front fenders, but I’d imagine your choices would be much greater.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have some Xenon 5 inch front flares for a CJ, like new condition if those would work. I also put an LS in my 84 CJ8 and have enjoyed it so far.