For Sale - Best Offer 1991 Mistubishi Montero $800 OBO

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
1991 Mistubishi Montero - $800 OBO - RME Price

KSL Ad

This truck is amazingly clean in and out, and ran great up until the headgasket failed in February, was then trailered into my garage and sat for the last month. I'd rather see it go to a good home that will fix it up as this truck has years left in it. The motor was rebuilt 50,000 miles ago, and the rest of the truck is in exceptional condition. I am putting this truck on the market for $800 Or Best Offer. I may consider trades involving finishing a basement.

Electric Windows
Electric Door Locks
Front Suspension Seats
Clean Interior
Clean Exterior
Pilot Fog Lights
Factory Limited Slip Rear Differential
Plenty of tread left on A/T tires
Premium Factory Aluminum Wheels

0281b2bd.jpg

e596c5cc.jpg

694a14f4.jpg

10e7081d.jpg

b8e8451d.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I know, I actually feel kinda bad selling it. Surprisingly, I've had 6 or so calls from the KSL ad of very interested parties.

MattL

Dude that stinks. Question... why not just fix it if its just the gasket. Its a killer looking ride with so much to give.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Dude that stinks. Question... why not just fix it if its just the gasket. Its a killer looking ride with so much to give.

We've been able to make one car work pretty well. We're enjoying the savings and are geared to finish our basement once and for all. I'd rather have a live able basement for the next year than a 4x4. Sometime in the next year we'll need to find a second vehicle, and I'd rather start on a fresh search with ever-changing criteria.

So basically all it needs is the head pulled and resurfaced and a new gasket?

As far as I know, yes. Carl helped me trailer it home the day it blew the HG. I don't know how hot it got, but my hope is that it didn't warp anything since I stopped driving it right away.

I've got numerous contractors wanting to trade their services in our basement project. I find myself in a cool position as seller that I have the power to pick a buyer. I'm hoping we close a deal in the next few days.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I can help you on the basement finish, but I don't want any trade. I will just help.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Steve, agreed!

Davy, I'll buy you pizza.. Non-vegitarian garbage either. ;)

BlackZJ, yes, yes this truck does make a stellar camping/fishing rig. Suspension seats are my wife's favorite feature.. Hell, mine too. :)

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Does the sunroof function properly and does it leak at all, do all of the doors and window switches work? It should get at least 16-17 mpg average I hope? How does it do going up the passes? Last transmission service?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I have not used the sunroof for fear that it would not close (I bought the truck in late fall and didn't care to chance it). I believe the tracks need to be cleaned, but I know the motor does work and the sunroof has never leaked while I've owned it. All electronics switches work properly. I got 16-17mpg around town, and up to 19mpg on all hwy tanks. Long hauls uphill will slow it down a bit, but nothing terrible IMO. The truck feels best and operates best around 65-70mph; it's no speed demon. Although she did 90mph no prob the night I hauled ass to be with my wife after the jewelry heist in December. Not sure on the tranny servicing. From my research before and after purchasing this truck, the transmission in these Montero's are incredibly stout. This truck absolutely shocked me with how well it wheels right out of the box. I only got the chance to wheel it once out at MMP. It owned mild lines and laughed at the medium stuff.

Last edited: