For Sale 1991 Mitsubishi Montero STOCK — MUCH WORK DONE

MGrootN00

Asking Price
$7500
Condition
Used - Great Condition
Equipped with extras to go anywhere, this classic first-generation Japanese SUV recently received many new parts, including a full head gasket job. The camshaft and lifters were also replaced with new OEM parts as well as the timing belt, we’re pump, and much more (see list).

This 3.0 liter V6 has 190k miles on it. The 4-speed automatic transmission was fully rebuilt in 2019. It’s uniquely sporting custom-made steel bumpers and a roof rack. It runs like a charm — no chugging, tapping, or hesitation. A/C and heat work great. Upholstery in very good condition, but with two small holes on the driver's seat. The exterior is also in great shape except the clear coat on the roof starting to peel and two small rust areas at back left corner and bottom of driver side door. Treated with rust stopper. Much of the engine is just 5K miles old, and the tranny has 15K miles on it. I installed the Air Lift suspension kit in the coil springs (back), making for a super smooth ride.

I’ve cared for this collectible for 7 years, always using the highest quality stock parts. Now it’s ready for a new owner who has time to take it into the woods, where it is happy. I’m in a career current that’s keeping me from giving it the love and adventure it deserves. Throwing in a box of tools and fluids, as well as a relatively new high-lift jack.

I’ve prepared an optional parts package with a range of replacement parts from 4 other gen1 Monteros for just $800. This includes electrical and mechanical parts, a transfer case, back gate, fenders, sensors, ECM and relays, as well as many interior and exterior trim parts. I'll throw in a factory color paint set for touch-ups and have an extra Air Lift balloon.

Videos and many more pictures are available upon request of the engine running and a full view of the interior.

WORK DONE (this lists the most important, but not all work done)

last 1,000 miles

- Tires, brand new GLACIER TREX mud-and-snow directional tires

- New exhaust valves to fix vacuum issue

last 5,000 miles

- Head gasket job, including machine shop, waterpump, timing belt, spark plugs & cables

- New cam shaft

- New lifters

- Speedometer cable and head (that attaches into the transmission)

- Front brakes full rebuild

- Pinion seal

- Transfer case service

last 20,000 miles

- Transmission rebuild EOM + New torque converter

- Rear differential service

- Engine mounts, Swaybar links, Transmission mount, Transfer case mount, Directional arms bushings

- Air Lift suspension kit installed. Pressure managed with Schrader valve at hitch

last 40,000 miles

- Idler arms

- New battery

The not-so-great

- very slow brake fluid leak. I top it off about once a month.

- The indicators sometimes don’t work. Seems to be most problematic with headlights on or when just hitting the road, leading me to suspect an alternator issue.

- Clear coat peeling on rooftop.

Some stage 1 cancer. Has been treated with rust stopper.

- Rear wiper not working

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0214 2.jpg
    IMG_0214 2.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0212 2.jpg