1992 Land Rover Defender 110

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The Austriallian Military used that engine, but generally its a non-turbo. But it could be swapped out. I've found a few Austriallia EX-MOD's in the UK. I haven't purchased them due to the engine. And I'm not sure if customs would freak out. they basically look up the engine number to make sure its a Land Rover engine. If its not a Land Rover engine, they won't let it in.

BUT- you can remove the engine, and ship it all separately. Then it just becomes parts. And the process of importation becomes 50% easier.

Interesting! I just happen to have a good turbo 4BD1T sitting around... ;)

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Time to rip the Boy Racer seats out of this thing. Going into the garbage.

Old and horrible.

6BD109BC-754A-425D-AFB0-2575A3F2B8FC.jpeg

Had a set of discovery 2 seats sitting around. A little bit of cutting to the mounts and one test fit later. Test fit.

Old and tons better.C75D7FF4-4963-49C9-9925-8E097C4CC759.jpeg

Up next I’ll build some mounts to bolt these in for good. Then find some switches and hook them up to power. With some new heated seats.

42F877FF-5A82-4134-AC25-DD47852E401C.jpeg

Jesser04

I do work for a guy that lives across the street from you one of these days when I’m there and I see you in the garage I may stick my head in and say hi. I noticed a white one in your driveway last night is that the same thing?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
We have 4 right now. One is on a boat.

One is at my buddies house. Going up for sale on Bring a Trailer soon.

4.jpg

The one on the driveway is Sold. Just waiting for a couple of parts, and the new owner will be picking it up. I also need to install a roof rack on it.

And the grey one we are building in this thread as a show / advertising vehicle.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I do work for a guy that lives across the street from you one of these days when I’m there and I see you in the garage I may stick my head in and say hi. I noticed a white one in your driveway last night is that the same thing?

Must be Butler? Knock on the door, I'll show you one of them. The grey one isn't operational right now, waiting on the radiator to get rebuilt.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We have 4 right now. One is on a boat.

One is at my buddies house. Going up for sale on Bring a Trailer soon.

View attachment 117461

The one on the driveway is Sold. Just waiting for a couple of parts, and the new owner will be picking it up. I also need to install a roof rack on it.

And the grey one we are building in this thread as a show / advertising vehicle.

That is so bitchen! How much will it be listed for?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I have it listed on KSL for $36995

Still lots cheaper than a new jeep, and a lot less parts to break. LOL

Plus its got a Dana 60 rear axle. It's called a Salsbury, but they used a D60 center section with land rover outer brakes and hubs.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Plus its got a Dana 60 rear axle. It's called a Salsbury, but they used a D60 center section with land rover outer brakes and hubs.
Kind of... The Salisbury axle is basically a Dana 60, but has the smaller diameter, coarse spline shafts (1.24", 24 spline(or 10 spline for earlier models)) that the standard Rover diffs used. There are a few bearing and other small differences as well. They are certainly stronger than the other Rover diffs of the day, but are more akin to a Dana 60 from the 1960s.