Toyota 1995 Tacoma Build

OrangeSkidPlate

I was hoping to get the shock hoops measured out and bent by midnight this weekend but that didn't happen. Moved the motor up 3.5" which freed up a ton of room and makes things much easier. It will have to come out one more time for seals and paint but at least it's where it needs to be. Didn't take pictures of that because it wasn't exciting. So today I tried to finalize the track bar since it has been a complete nightmare since I started the links. I lowered the axle side lower mounts further down on the tubes. It still left my anti squat and roll axis close enough to where I wanted it. I tacked all the mounts up a bit better and stuffed the axle as far up as I could go to find full bump. It's super tight. Pretty small tolerances everywhere. Some bolts will nees to be orientated just right for full clearance but it will work. So I used a clothes hanger all straightened out to try and see what I could do with the track bar. I ended up notching the frame, which I figured I'd have to do from the beginning. Everything looked good and in a rush I cut my track bar, tacked the bungs in it and tried to put it on and it hits the diff so much that with any up travel it binds and stops the axle. So I need to get bendy with the bar or fancy with the mount. Anyways. Gave up for the day, not sure what progress will be made next weekend since I need to rebuild the motor in my sled. I need less hobbies......IMG_20190126_125422269.jpgIMG_20190126_125445062_HDR.jpgIMG_20190126_143925266_HDR.jpgIMG_20190126_143930806_HDR.jpg

OrangeSkidPlate

I made a sacrifice yesterday.....I sold my MTZs and H2s yesterday so I could put a new top end in my sled. I started a new job this week and there are talks between the lady and I about moving back to cache valley. I am saving my pennies for a bender, here are some pictures of my top end rebuild if anyone cares to see them, pretty straight forward, never rebuilt a two stroker before but it was pretty simple and even started when I put it back together. IMG_20190202_112052013.jpgIMG_20190202_125258.jpgIMG_20190202_143514533.jpgIMG_20190202_144340268.jpgIMG_20190202_161756571.jpg

OrangeSkidPlate

Anyone have experience with 4xinnovation cages? Thinking about going this route to just save myself some time and stress. There are a few pieces of tube that I'd like to add to their cage to satisfy my wants/needs. I am thinking that tubing the front of the truck is the easiest way to go about trimming, and making things fit. Not sure when I'll start making progress again, trying to get the most out of my sled since I spent way too much money on it this season.

OrangeSkidPlate

Well I was scanning the ol' classifieds and found a 3/4 ton Yukon and pulled up the ad. Had a supercharger on it and they wanted 1200 bucks. Soooooo I have a 3/4 Yukon with a blower for a 6.0. Has brand new air bags and an aftermarket tranny cooler, bottom end of the lq4 is toast. 118618118619
Tossing around the idea of throwing the blower on the tow rig, it's a low PSI Whipple, probably not worth the hassle but it would be fun.

OrangeSkidPlate

After a lot of thought and talking with my lady and a few buddies, we all came to the conclusion that how I want to build the Tacoma isn't realistic for the budget I clearly don't have. So I am going to go a step down from the Atlas, run an NP241 with SYE, that will save lots of money and time. I picked up a set of 40" MTRs the other night for cheap. I am making far more than I expected off this Yukon and might be getting another parts vehicle soon. Thinking battleborn gatekeepers for wheels. I need to make it over to midnight one of these days and get some shock hoops and a hydro ram mount bent up. I think running and being able to upgrade over time is a far better option than going down the rabbit hole. Maybe I'll even drive it this year.

OrangeSkidPlate

Spent a few hours measuring and bending coat hangers so I could have midnight bend my track bar and some shock hoops. Got an Artec shortie truss for the 14 bolt, need to get a traction bar and hydro ram mount on the axle and then I should be about good to start the final welds on the suspension parts. I wanted to get a set of wheels soonish but had no idea that battleborn was 3-4 months out. So I'll have to wait until I get some more cash. Still torn on getting a bender at the moment or if I should wait and get the rest of the parts I need. Anyways, here is proof I looked at the truck today. 119080

That should be about full bump. Hopefully I can take the one ORI to get fixed tomorrow.

OrangeSkidPlate

Waited around all week for midnight to call about my stuff being done, they said it might be done Saturday when I called on Friday. Never heard anything. So just waiting on that. Found a np241c, paid a little more than I wanted but I didn't have to pull it and it's got a VSS in the tail housing. Going to order a JB conversion SYE this week, need to get a new flange for the front out put and a 32 spline input shaft. Should have another parts rig this week to keep the truck fund healthy.

OrangeSkidPlate

Got the track bar sorted out, kind of has to be tipped towards the front of the truck in order to clear the oil pan. Passenger side doesn't bind at all, looks super good. The upper link hits the old shackle mount. Spent more time organizing and cleaning the garage than I did working on the truck. Anyways, progress was made. 119395119396119397

So yesterday I was going up to Logan to help my buddy get his bronco ready for EJS and he sent me an ad for a 76 GMC k25, and anyways I have a 76 GMC k25 now.....119398
I was a little uneasy about buying it. It had been sitting for 10 years, but for 375 bucks I took the gamble. It's got a small block 400, th400, 14 bolt rear, a sweet dual exhaust with cherry bombs and pretty minimal rust. My buddy was able to get it started with some ether and a battery. So guess I'll hold on to it and see what happens.

OrangeSkidPlate

Well I've been slammed with work and trying to figure out whats going on with a long term job. I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the Tacoma isn't going to get worked on or finished anytime soon and my fiance and I would rather pay off some debt. So I'm parting the build. Just about everything is for sale. I have most of it listed on KSL but a quick refresher is built tons, 40" MTRs, LQ4, 4l80e, passenger drop 241, ORIs, full hydro, bucket seats. Message me for prices or refer to a quick ksl search.