1997 4Runner Trail-Ready, Supercharged

4biker

Looking at Titans. They come with a factory rear locker, and they're short enough to fit in my garage!

cackalak

That's quite a swing from a nimble 4Runner to a fullsize pick up. They're pretty beastly, though. And comfort for the family. Good luck.

4biker

Just FYI, my wife and I flew out to NJ to pick up this beauty back in August a few weeks after the 4Runner sold - a 2005 Titan 4x4 Off Road (selectable rear locker and lower gear ratio), also with the Big Tow package. It's not perfect, but it only had 30,030 miles on it when we picked it up. I just picked up the black wheels & tires combo, and we went to Moab for a race over this weekend. Couldn't be happier. It drives the fire roads even better than the 4Runner did, and I'm so glad to be back in a pickup. We'll see if I can keep this one with a new baby on the way, or if I have to change up to a crew cab.
Truck with tent.jpg

Kevin B.

Big hippy
We had a hard time finding anything but a crew cab that would fit a rear facing child seat. It's nice to have that great big back seat though, even when I don't have the whole family along.

4biker

We had a hard time finding anything but a crew cab that would fit a rear facing child seat. It's nice to have that great big back seat though, even when I don't have the whole family along.

Yeah, that's what we're running into. The new baby will be here in September but I know we're not going to be able to find a truck quite this good.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Yeah, that's what we're running into. The new baby will be here in September but I know we're not going to be able to find a truck quite this good.

Keep it, and resign yourself to not having the family along until the little one is old enough for a front facing seat. I passed on a couple sweet trucks because of the child seat situation, and now the little one is almost old enough for a front facing seat and I find myself wishing I'd bought the truck I wanted instead of settling.

4biker

that's great advice.I'm not really attached to the truck, but it would be hard to find a real replacement.I think my wife would probably rather just keep it.