1999 International 4700… Tinyhome?!?😲

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Thanks, but I feel it’s more of a realization than anything. I have always tried to be a people-pleaser and my relationships were no different. I’m sure there’s a lid for every pot but lately I’ve been realizing that going “stag” (bah-dum-tiss) isn’t a bad thing, I get to live my life the way that I want and the only person I can let down is myself if I’m not being the best that I can be doing.

Still a people pleaser I guess and I have difficulty saying no even when I don’t want to do something, if it means that someone else will receive help or that I’m helping them in some way.

But after my last relationship I decided to make a change and put myself first, because putting her first still wasn’t ever good enough.

Good observations in my opinion

STAG

Beach bummin
To get this thread back on track and off my personal attacks 😂

Figured I would give the fancy handheld bandsaw-bandwagon a ride.

Went with the deepcut model (5”x5” cut capacity) which meant corded instead of cordless. NBD.

And dog.

7DD4C419-7751-48A8-AC27-E2B07E786533.jpeg

Edit* wow, this thing cuts nice. Definitely a pleased buyer.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

To get this thread back on track and off my personal attacks 😂

Figured I would give the fancy handheld bandsaw-bandwagon a ride.

Went with the deepcut model (5”x5” cut capacity) which meant corded instead of cordless. NBD.

And dog.

View attachment 148901

Edit* wow, this thing cuts nice. Definitely a pleased buyer.
FYI that deep cut saw is also available as cordless. It’s definitely the best cutting bandsaw I’ve used, your going to love it!

STAG

Beach bummin
FYI that deep cut saw is also available as cordless. It’s definitely the best cutting bandsaw I’ve used, your going to love it!
Wasn’t in stock at local HD. Only 2 in stock were M18 Fuel Cordless, 3.75” throat, and 11A corded, 5” throat.

And M12 shallow throat but I wasn’t interested.

Surprised at how easily it was able to control when chopping up some 2” angle iron, even when cutting on a 45° angle when starting into the material. Gave me no grief at all. I was expecting a little bit of awkwardness and a slow cut, and received neither.

Last edited:

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I’m no pro, but I would be slow to dismiss the container tiny house option. You leave the truck unmolested which makes it easy to sell. The Container house can be sold and shipped easily, or swapped to a different truck. Plus, there are a million people doing them, so there would be a butt-load of tips and tricks, or even templates you could use.

But if you are loving the personal challenge of doing straight custom everything, then god speed!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This is awesome. Definitely following.

One thing I learned through the years, if you’re happy and doing your thing, the right woman shows up. You don’t have to chase her. She wants to be with you for who you are, not because you did everything for her.

Cheers man, excited to see how this goes.

STAG

Beach bummin
I’m no pro, but I would be slow to dismiss the container tiny house option. You leave the truck unmolested which makes it easy to sell. The Container house can be sold and shipped easily, or swapped to a different truck. Plus, there are a million people doing them, so there would be a butt-load of tips and tricks, or even templates you could use.

But if you are loving the personal challenge of doing straight custom everything, then god speed!

A couple things going against the idea of a container.

-Height is the biggest, especially on top of the flatbed. Yes I could cut down a container to like say 7’ ceilings, but this flatbed surface is still almost a foot away from top of truck frame itself.

I think I can get at least 1.5’ overall height lower by ditching the flatbed and not having 8’ ceilings.

-4’ over hang off the rear kills it for pulling trailers. Yes, I could chop a notch out of the front of the container and slide it over the cab.

-Current container prices are sky high. Especially for ones in good rust free condition.

-Would make it much harder to mount in-floor items like toilet and shower drains, and storage that would otherwise be lower than the floor would have to be completely under the floor of the flatbed now. ie generator, propane tanks, water tanks etc.

It’s not a bad option, and I would likely do it if i were feeling like taking more of the ‘shortcut’ option. But in the end it’s too much of what I don’t want the end product to be.

Truck itself remains unmolested either way, aside from taking the flatbed off which is just a couple of bolts and taillight wires.

STAG

Beach bummin
It's already heavier than every RV. 🤣
Not sure if those C channel pieces come across to their size in the pics. That’s four pieces of 4” and one stick of 6” C channel.

Two runners of 4” down the frame, two widths of 6”, one at the front and one at the back. And then the other 4” pieces for cross supports.

I know I will need more steel than these for the body frame. This is just to get me started.

STAG

Beach bummin
That's bad ass... makes me rethink maybe getting a 3d printer. I can get behind cool stuff like that. Nice work.
I’m happy with both of mine. Got a bigger one that’s cheaper build quality but nice to be able to do bigger items than most other printers. It took a little bit of upgrades already to get some things improved on it.

And the 2nd printer is a higher quality printer and has given me no issues or upgrade desires yet.