2.5 RS Subaru Impreza or Bug Eye WRX

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm looking for a pre WRX, so 2001 or older 2.5 rs impreza or possibly an 02-03 Bug eye WRX. Nothing against the wr at all, just trying to keep it in the cheaper cost category. If you know of anyone that has one let me know. There are a few on ksl but they all seem to have a few issues that I don't want to deal with. I would like a manual and don't care if it is 2 door or 4 door. I'm not wanting a wagon this time around as it will be for fun and not a DD. Hopefully I can get in to some rally racing in the near future.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
It is very hard to find a 98-01 CG8 2.5RS in good condition that doesn't bring a premium or isn't riced out. I had a friend that ended up buying one out of the Seattle area last year. I will have one soon as well, great cars.

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya they are definitely hard to find. And everytime you think you find the right one it has something like an auto, or motor swap that isn't complete or wiring issues or something. I just want a nice stocker with no issues.

Cascadia

Undecided
There's a good chance that all the interior will be coming out and eventually a roll cage going in. The reason for the rs mostly is cost. The wrx cost just that much more that it puts it out of my range. I want to just do cash and not go in to debt for it. I realize the 2.5 rs still has a pretty hi price tag for the age but I like them. I've seen some really ugly ones and some really good looking ones.