2 million miles, a cake, and not really a pay cut.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
These guys are actually quite good. They are Walmart Associates with 15-20 years of service. They are outperforming our outside driver candidates by their 2nd and 3rd day.

Today we’re going to get lunch at Ashton’s burger barn (influencer). That’s how we rack up their driving miles. The company buys lunch.
I was wondering about that since Walmart has pretty high mileage requirements for drivers. I was surprised to see student driver on there!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was wondering about that since Walmart has pretty high mileage requirements for drivers. I was surprised to see student driver on there!
That’s all changed a ton from when you and I worked together. The driver pool in America is quite terrible. We used to require over 6 years experience. Now it’s 30 months.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Dang! Damn good wages for less than 3 years on the road!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That’s all changed a ton from when you and I worked together. The driver pool in America is quite terrible. We used to require over 6 years experience. Now it’s 30 months.

I tried several times to get a job back in the day with no success. Even with doubles/triples tanker on my resume they wanted nothing to do with me.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve spent this week in Bentonville, Arkansas for a training event for Facilitators like me. I was the first Facilitator of 26 to give a presentation using my newly gained skills today.

It's been a mountain of info to digest and apply, but I was very impressed with all of our group’s progress, and especially how these new skills applied equally to my position and a new position recently created in the Vision Center department.

Tomorrow we get to tour the Home Office building before leaving for our home cities. It’s likely we will have an opportunity to meet and speak with some of the highest level CEO’s for Walmart tomorrow. That’s pretty dang cool, especially since we know that we’re representing one of the newest departments in our company, and that the entire company is watching our department’s progress with great enthusiasm.

Next month they’re throwing another $200 million into our department. 😵 This week’s training cost the company over $100k.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I’ve spent this week in Bentonville, Arkansas for a training event for Facilitators like me. I was the first Facilitator of 26 to give a presentation using my newly gained skills today.

It's been a mountain of info to digest and apply, but I was very impressed with all of our group’s progress, and especially how these new skills applied equally to my position and a new position recently created in the Vision Center department.

Tomorrow we get to tour the Home Office building before leaving for our home cities. It’s likely we will have an opportunity to meet and speak with some of the highest level CEO’s for Walmart tomorrow. That’s pretty dang cool, especially since we know that we’re representing one of the newest departments in our company, and that the entire company is watching our department’s progress with great enthusiasm.

Next month they’re throwing another $200 million into our department. 😵 This week’s training cost the company over $100k.
So what you're are saying is it is pretty cool when you are on the inside of satans buthole :rofl:

DAA

That's really cool! And stressful. For me at least. I've done some Facilitator training and it's a butt load of info and not easy for me to apply (I'd rather just tell people to STFU and do what I say...). And giving presentations gives me anxiety. Still, even though I've been doing them almost every day for years, I get anxiety about them.

- DAA

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So I'm a little confused on who you're training @Hickey. (Your regular gig, not this special trip to the mothership.) That linked article says in a 12 week program supply chain associates earn a CDL but you've also said Wally requires 30 months of class A driving experience. Are you getting them a higher level CDL or are you just training new hires the Walmart way of truck driving?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did you bring your mtn bike? Bentonville is Mecca for us pedaling nerds.
I did not, but they’re definitely making it FAR more bike-friendly.
So I'm a little confused on who you're training @Hickey. (Your regular gig, not this special trip to the mothership.) That linked article says in a 12 week program supply chain associates earn a CDL but you've also said Wally requires 30 months of class A driving experience. Are you getting them a higher level CDL or are you just training new hires the Walmart way of truck driving?
Ah! There are two sides to my job. Drivers applying from outside the company need at least 30 months of experience. That’s the first side, and we refer to it as “Onboarding”.

The second side of my job is the Associate To Driver Program (the linked article). We’ve developed a program to take current Walmart Associates with at least one year of experience in the company, ANYWHERE in the company and train them to be a Walmart Driver. They spend 12 weeks with me, and another 8 weeks with mentors after my work is done. We refer to is as A2D, and it’s the most gratifying job I’ve ever had.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The training I’m getting this week it to help me be a better Facilitator… a guide. The training helps me to give more effective presentations so the participants gain more knowledge from me. I wear a few different hats, but the term Facilitator better describes the scope of my position.

My final assessment this week was a presentation on Hazardous Materials training. My goal was to keep the participants 100% engaged so they retained the maximum information.