moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Asking Price
$9499
Condition
Used
2003 Lexus GX470 – 146,500 miles
$9,499 obo for RME

I have owned this since January of 2016. I bought it stock and have modified it to improve its off-road capability. This GX is not fresh from the country club, it has been used and somewhat abused since I have owned it. It has been on countless adventures from the West Desert, to Moab, to the Uintas. It has been a fun family rig for camping trips and car pool duty. While I have used the truck hard it is mechanically sound and reliable. Cosmetically it shows it’s use inside and out.

Below are some of the changes I have made:
OME lift with SPC upper control arms and rear lower links and airbag delete
Poly spacer on front struts to level the truck
17” Ultra Wheels
IPF LED low beam headlights
Tow hitch – It didn’t come with the tow package but I sourced a factory hitch and trimmed the bumper to fit around it. I added an aftermarket plug that uses the factory harness.
Dobinson extended rear sway bar links
Removed factory running boards – included with the sale
Drilled and slotted front rotors and Centric pads
Wired with outlet for ARB fridge

Here are some of the major repairs I have done:
New Sunroof – January 2016 90k miles
Timing Belt and Water pump – February 2016 90k miles
Brake Master Cylinder – April 2016
Rebuilt rear differential – Fall 2018
New U-Joints in front driveshaft – Fall 2018
New lower control arms, lower ball joints, alignment hardware - January 2019
Rebuilt and rebooted driver’s side CV axle
Replaced front sway bar links

Items that need to be addressed:
Steering rack is leaking, likely needs to be replaced
Tires have 50k miles. Likely have 10-15k more miles in them

Items that are annoying but not critical:
Seat heaters have never worked
Mirror switch doesn’t always work to adjust the mirrors

Feel free to call or text with additional questions. No dealers unless you are going to buy it from me outright for my asking price plus 50% for having to deal with you. Willing to trade for Cash, cashier’s check, or certified gold bars with 25% added to my asking price for having to deal with the hassle.

Call or text, no emails. 8O1. 663. 63O5.
20200829_171451.jpg
20200829_171458.jpg
20200829_171505.jpg
20200829_171515.jpg
20200829_171525.jpg
20200829_171539.jpg
20200829_171554.jpg
20200829_171627.jpg
20200829_171925.jpg
20200829_173146.jpg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I guess I wasn't clear enough for some that this isn't a show vehicle.

It has more pinstripes than a Yankees uniform, and the bumpers have kissed more rocks than I have girls. The interior is the right color to show dirt well, even when cleaned. It has seen its share of adventure and has the battle scars to prove it. It is the epitome of a 30/30 vehicle; it looks good from 30 feet away or going by at 30 mph.

If you are looking for the cleanest low mile rig around, keep looking, this isn't the GX you're looking for.

If you are looking for a reliable rig for your off-pavement adventures, a rig that will get you out then get you home, a rig that generates questions (mostly because it's debadged and people don't know what teq is) and is fun to drive, this could be the ride for you.

If you want to own a piece of Utah history, the vehicle that lead the first official invasion of the country formerly known as Zakistan (now officially OLAFistan), then this IS the GX for you. You can read about that specific adventure here.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I guess I wasn't clear enough for some that this isn't a show vehicle.

It has more pinstripes than a Yankees uniform, and the bumpers have kissed more rocks than I have girls. The interior is the right color to show dirt well, even when cleaned. It has seen its share of adventure and has the battle scars to prove it. It is the epitome of a 30/30 vehicle; it looks good from 30 feet away or going by at 30 mph.

If you are looking for the cleanest low mile rig around, keep looking, this isn't the GX you're looking for.

If you are looking for a reliable rig for your off-pavement adventures, a rig that will get you out then get you home, a rig that generates questions (mostly because it's debadged and people don't know what teq is) and is fun to drive, this could be the ride for you.

If you want to own a piece of Utah history, the vehicle that lead the first official invasion of the country formerly known as Zakistan (now officially OLAFistan), then this IS the GX for you. You can read about that specific adventure here.

You just need to tell them that it's "pre-devalued". You've already scratched and dented it for them so they don't have to worry about it. This is a selling point,, a feature-not-a-bug sort of thing.

GLWS. The timing is wrong or I'd jump on this.