For Sale 2006 Honda XR650L

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Asking Price
$3000
SOLD!

2006 Honda XR650L. 25k miles. 5.8 gallon Acerbis, alum skid plate, Happy-Trails panniers, street shield windscreen, etc etc.

I’ve only had the bike for a short time but my wife (lame) says it needs to go because—you already have a bike dear…. Ugh pick my battles I guess.

Doesn’t smoke doesn’t seem to burn oil. Tires are in good shape but it also comes with a good set of Dunlop 606’s if wanted. It does need blinkers and it needs a seat cover. I was going to add LED blinkers and a seat concepts but I’ll let the next owner tailor it to their needs.

The speedo lense is frosted a bit but I bet something like a automotive headlight cleaner would fix it up nice.

I’m in northern utah 20 minutes north of Logan. I’ve listed it for $3500 on ksl but would be willing to take $3K obo to an RME’er. Let me know what you think. Miles are up there at 25k but it’s a Honda XR it’ll go a long time. Come take it for a test ride I think you’ll like it. There’s not too many bikes out there that are a true 50/50 on road/off road but this is as close as it gets imo.

Call, PM or text anytime. Andrew- four 3 five seven 7 zero five 8 one 1.
843291FC-7631-4E90-A1A0-9DC07F0EFC55.jpegEF05C1D2-D257-4EAB-9904-893AEC6C521F.jpeg4E4FF4A5-6658-41FA-A90E-532EB86E41D6.jpeg9966E63A-1E2C-4C12-B802-279F67B5CC54.jpegB4620373-DC49-476F-9F93-75F02C1CAEDD.jpeg6863C656-E6B7-4E5B-887A-9B2A67A68D03.jpeg42EA4935-9BCE-4047-9B65-953F7A29481B.jpeg

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
How many pairs of shoes does she have? How many purses? Shades of lipstick?

This is a battle I would fight!

A happy wife is a happy life… or so they tell me 😭.

Dammit Andrew I'm trying to buy a new mountain bike and don't need to be looking at this. Delete it right now.

Mountain bikes too much work for me—I’m too old for that nonsense haha.

Fill the panniers with camping gear. Hit the road/trail and see where you end up. It’s pretty much the best feeling of freedom ever!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
My first showing was an epic disaster! Dude flooded it REALLY bad. Then tells me it’s the bikes fault. Picked it apart right down to the tires (which are worn I know that but I’d like to think the next owner could pick their favorite set). Lowballs the shit out of me and then tells me what a piece of crap the bike is.

I hate selling things 😣. Now I’m left wondering do I sink some more cash into it to fix the blinkers and seat cover or do I cut my losses? Oye!

J-mobzz

If you can be honest with yourself and think that $3500 or best offer is a legitimate fair price for the bike then the right buyer will show up.

When I sell things on KSL I use some pretty simple analytics to see if my prices on point. For every 100 views that the ad has had if I don’t have at least 3 people calling me then it’s priced too high. You should get a 3 to 5% conversion rate on a fair price dirtbike this time of year. And you should have at least one or two people out of 10 that contact you that actually show up to look at it. So basically once your ad has hit 300 to 400 views if you haven’t had one or two people show up and look at the bike in person maybe reevaluate the price. if one of those two people doesn’t make you a good offer it’s probably priced too high.

Now this is my model for selling things not trying to get top dollar for things if you’re selling it to make money then you’re probably gonna get a 1% conversion rate and it’s going to be a most difficult longer sales cycle and you’re gonna have a lot of lowball offers and you’re gonna have a lot of ridiculous conversations and that’s part of trying to get top dollar for something. But if you’re listing it to sell those are pretty solid analytics in my opinion.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I re-listed the bike under dirt bikes (had it under enduro) and now my phone is blowing up haha. Lots of the usual low balls and people freaking out because the blinkers are broken—easy fix imo.

I’m thinking $2500 obo for an RME’er would be a good price though. Make me an offer worst I could do is say no.

Trate D

I re-listed the bike under dirt bikes (had it under enduro) and now my phone is blowing up haha. Lots of the usual low balls and people freaking out because the blinkers are broken—easy fix imo.

I’m thinking $2500 obo for an RME’er would be a good price though. Make me an offer worst I could do is say no.
That’s one of those things that instead of having people complain and have a reason to haggle I would just fix.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
That’s one of those things that instead of having people complain and have a reason to haggle I would just fix.

Probably a good idea. They’re several weeks out on Amazon or I could spend a lot for oem…. Or LED options are out there.

Kinda thinking the next owner could tailor it to their needs but it seems to be a deal breaker for some which I think people just want to complain about something lol.

Got a dude coming to look at it now wish me luck. Hope it goes better than the other guy that picked it to pieces 😎